The "Ask Lions_Insider!" discussion thread

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls
Not a question really but a suggestion. I've always thought the Lions should do a series like this Footy Lingo thing that the cats have been doing this year. A bit of basic education might help stop a few of the groans when the team switches play: http://www.geelongcats.com.au/catstv/footy-lingo

Can you tell whoever to pls remove the pic of Beams on the start up to the Lions App......so disturbing I find.

Also, on the Lions YouTube channel, I have been hearing Nathan Buckley's voice ('Don't underestimate the Lions') on auto-play for over 4 months as it's the first video.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Can you tell whoever to pls remove the pic of Beams on the start up to the Lions App......so disturbing I find.
The graphic featuring Beams has been removed from the app. It might still be appearing when you open the app if you haven't force quit or updated the app in a while. Thanks for letting us know anyway!.

On Android go in to settings > Apps > Brisbane Lions > Storage and tap Clear Cache - if that doesn't work same path and tap clear data.

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions insider

Can you please set aside the concerns of some on this board and assure us that the club did everything possible for 6 Melbourne games

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dom Fay (and Michael Whiting) do a fantastic job on the Lions Roar podcast...always insightful and asking the questions that supporters want answers for. I am sure I speak for most on here in congratulating them on exceptional work.
Took the words right out of my mouth!

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dom Fay (and Michael Whiting) do a fantastic job on the Lions Roar podcast...always insightful and asking the questions that supporters want answers for. I am sure I speak for most on here in congratulating them on exceptional work.

Thanks T Rick! Will pass your great feedback onto them.

Rosscoe_666

Debutant
Dec 6, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
Hi LI. I noticed earlier in the thread that there was much discussion about wearing a Bears jumper and/or a 74-96 Fitzroy jumper in certain matches.
As a Fitzroy member since 1960 and Brisbane Lions member since 1997, I would much rather we stick to the 3-peat uniform (except clash/indigenous etc strips), with the exception that the BBFFC on the back of the collar be replaced with the FFC and the BB "scary koala" logos. These are much more representative of our history and besides, Footscray/WB have FFC on their jumpers.
I'm pretty sure most of us would be happy with that small but significant change.

Hi LI. I noticed earlier in the thread that there was much discussion about wearing a Bears jumper and/or a 74-96 Fitzroy jumper in certain matches.
As a Fitzroy member since 1960 and Brisbane Lions member since 1997, I would much rather we stick to the 3-peat uniform (except clash/indigenous etc strips), with the exception that the BBFFC on the back of the collar be replaced with the FFC and the BB "scary koala" logos. These are much more representative of our history and besides, Footscray/WB have FFC on their jumpers.
I'm pretty sure most of us would be happy with that small but significant change.
I'd prefer BBFFC remain on the back, but in the 2002-2010 font as a nostalgic reminder of our threepeat era

118118-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Also I'd love to see our threepeat jumper worn in interstate games if we have no clash with the home team

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
The specifics, be they flights, accomodation, tickets etc aren't really relevant though, are they? Given that the process is Government supported, there's every chance that information is on a need to know basis, as I'm unsure a Budget committee would be happy with the club releasing that information.

I already acknowledged that being a government initiative makes the information sharing somewhat hazy.

That said, I don’t think that specifics about what the incentives involved look like is something that in any way would need to be classified by a “Budget Committee” (Speaking as a former QLD Treasury employee, that’s a somewhat odd understanding of how things work).

Regardless, presumably it is bundled up as some sort of package to be ob-sold, in which case, the suggestion that the nature of what the packages contain would be somehow secret is a bit bizarre.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
I already acknowledged that being a government initiative makes the information sharing somewhat hazy.

That said, I don’t think that specifics about what the incentives involved look like is something that in any way would need to be classified by a “Budget Committee” (Speaking as a former QLD Treasury employee, that’s a somewhat odd understanding of how things work).

Regardless, presumably it is bundled up as some sort of package to be ob-sold, in which case, the suggestion that the nature of what the packages contain would be somehow secret is a bit bizarre.

I can immediately think of 3 organisations, neither of whom are the Queensland Government nor the Lions, who might not wish that information to be public knowledge.

But, whatever. To me, this isn't really worth discussing - if others wish to, then go ahead.

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So the bottom line is
The club will make more money - Plus
Qld tourism will benefit - Plus

That's two big pluses .
Although lets not forget it is a Lions home game , so with this initiative we do lose a bit of that getting more opposition supporters to come.
That is the idea right.
We are obviously opening up more ground to accommodate Pie sections.
I don't think that is a bad thing as long as there at the F.....G BACK , where noone else sits.

Still a great idea and initiative by the club , AFL ,our Gov. being Easter Holidays.
If the Lions Interstate supporters were included in this Gov. supported venture I think that would be fair.
Anyway it should turn into one of the Biggest calendar games of the season .

Counting on Brisbane supporters to be louder.
Eddie is a s**t stirrer , and loves to gloat that Collingwood is the biggest club in the land blah blah blah.

Back