The "Ask Lions_Insider!" discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

snooplions

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Worth noting that Collingwood fans just about equal or outnumber Lions fans when we meet at the Gabba as it is. Just sayin'.
My guess is that if there is roughly 35k in the ground 20k will be Lions supporters. Gotta commend Collingwood's supporters for their willingness to travel in such large numbers. Maybe 25k would be for the lions actually.

My guess is that if there is roughly 35k in the ground 20k will be Lions supporters. Gotta commend Collingwood's supporters for their willingness to travel in such large numbers. Maybe 25k would be for the lions actually.

They're not necessarily travellers they're usually locals who support Collingwood. I know of at least 12 myself who don't really go to lion's games but are pies supporters and will be going to the game

Email from the club with reduced price tickets has already come out from memory.

At the Gabba membership desk thus morning I was told I get free entry to Metricon general admission. She did check our membership - We are gold full members.

Bus from/to the Gabba is $20/seat

drapes11

Debutant
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Lions_Insider,

I was pretty unimpressed tonight when I turned up the the game with my family and two guests to find that the premium reserve seats that I have sat in for the last 7 years had been resold to Collingwood supporters who then refused to vacate my seats.

It wasn’t a great start to the night. I would like to talk to someone at the club to ensure that it isn’t going to happen again. I would also like to pass on my thanks to the security, ushers and club staff who had to deal with what was a stressful situation that wasn’t their fault. They had to put up with some pretty disgusting behaviour and attitude from the Collingwood supporters who were asked to vacate our seats even though alternate seats were provided.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Hi Lions_Insider,

I was pretty unimpressed tonight when I turned up the the game with my family and two guests to find that the premium reserve seats that I have sat in for the last 7 years had been resold to Collingwood supporters who then refused to vacate my seats.

How is this even possible?

If true, I'm gobsmacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely true, I am still pissed off

Problem will probably more so be with ticketek or whoever the ticketing provider is rather then anyone at the club that could do much. Did see a few comments on twitter about people having duplicate seats sold etc.

Albi_Mangler

All Australian
Oct 22, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NFL, NBA, Roar, FC Tokyo
On ticketing. Where is the Australian ticket reselling market. StubHub/SeatGeek etc. It was a sell out but clearly spare seats. Likely members who were unable to attend.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
On ticketing. Where is the Australian ticket reselling market. StubHub/SeatGeek etc. It was a sell out but clearly spare seats. Likely members who were unable to attend.
Ticketek/Ticketmaster won't allow it, heaven forbid someone challenges their duopoly.

drapes11

Debutant
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Problem will probably more so be with ticketek or whoever the ticketing provider is rather then anyone at the club that could do much. Did see a few comments on twitter about people having duplicate seats sold etc.
These weren’t duplicate sales though, they are members reserve seating I have had for years that should not be being offered for sale. That is why I pay a premium price.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Unrelated to the seating issue above, but there were two large empty sections in the top tier on the southern side of the stadium.

One section partially filled up after halftime. The other remained empty the whole night.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Unrelated to the seating issue above, but there were two large empty sections in the top tier on the southern side of the stadium.

One section partially filled up after halftime. The other remained empty the whole night.

They kept some seats reserved for people who signed up for new memberships on the day.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Lions_Insider,

It wasn’t a great start to the night. I would like to talk to someone at the club to ensure that it isn’t going to happen again. I would also like to pass on my thanks to the security, ushers and club staff who had to deal with what was a stressful situation that wasn’t their fault. They had to put up with some pretty disgusting behaviour and attitude from the Collingwood supporters who were asked to vacate our seats even though alternate seats were provided.
PM me the info, will follow up.

Ticketek/Ticketmaster won't allow it, heaven forbid someone challenges their duopoly.

I had a look at tickets for the suns game and through one of the above sites, maybe Ticketmaster, the only way to purchase tickets is through their resale site. I checked it 3 or 4 times thinking I might be getting phished. I’ve never seen it before.

I had a look at tickets for the suns game and through one of the above sites, maybe Ticketmaster, the only way to purchase tickets is through their resale site. I checked it 3 or 4 times thinking I might be getting phished. I’ve never seen it before.

Ticketek are the sun's home game seller not Ticketmaster. That's a resale site

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides
Hi Lions_Insider,

Wondering why our Clash jumper has white on it and not blue...as it contradicts the 2nd line of our club song

"We are the pride of Brisbane town
We wear maroon, blue and gold."

shopping

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back