The "Ask Lions_Insider!" discussion thread

Hi Lions_ Insider,

Wondering why our Clash jumper has white on it and not blue...as it contradicts the 2nd line of our club song

"We are the pride of Brisbane town
We wear maroon, blue and gold."

shopping
I’m colour blind -as long as win it can be fluoro pink blue and green for all I care

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides
ok then....keeping with the suggestion made by TheBrownDog...

We'll wear anything that can be sold."

Ouch. But kinda true. I’m not musical at all so the song, being a French knock off, isn’t my biggest concern. Maybe if we’d been original in the first place I’d feel more attached?

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Lions_Insider,

Wondering why our Clash jumper has white on it and not blue...as it contradicts the 2nd line of our club song

shopping

Whilst I don't disagree with you. Seems a bit like a first world problem. In terms of clash jumpers (and jumpers in general really) we've got it pretty good.

1556198251118.png

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Whilst I don't disagree with you. Seems a bit like a first world problem. In terms of clash jumpers (and jumpers in general really) we've got it pretty good.

View attachment 662054

The question was asked by a young lions supporter (Ollie) who lives down the road from me...I promised him I'd ask the club...

Hi Lions_Insider,

shopping
The reason for the white stripe apparently had to do with the rules about clash guernseys needing at least some white at the time. Which it seems they don't anymore so if they just replaced that with more gold it'd be just
chef.jpg

Plus our away guernsey is red, blue and gold.

Hi Lions_Insider,

shopping
Because it’s a throwback to the Bears side of the club which wore a jumper of the same colours. Similar to how the away jumper has the Fitzroy red in it instead of maroon as well. We’re a unique club, maybe just let this one be.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Lions_Insider,

shopping

These are the Brisbane Bears colours reimagined, and go with the white shorts. A few years ago when this was designed, an alternate jumper with a heavy white theme was highly encouraged.

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
These are the Brisbane Bears colours reimagined, and go with the white shorts. A few years ago when this was designed, an alternate jumper with a heavy white theme was highly encouraged.

Cheers..Lion_Insider have no problem witrh the design...The white should be replaced with blue to go with our song...Let's face it maroon, blue and gold does not conflict with any other colours,

Also says we will always fight for Victory....I agree with what Jeff Kennet said .. "White is the colour of surrender..

Thanks

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Lions_Insider....love this jumper and it's salute to the Bears. Hope we never do away with it.

Both our merged teams are now represented.:thumbsu:

https://membership.lions.com.au/2019-virtual-lion

Here's what you get, including live pass:

• Membership Kit including card, lanyard, pin, sticker, fixture magnet and $15 Lions Shop voucher
  • Stream every AFL game LIVE, including the 2019 Toyota AFL Finals & Grand Final, to your tablet or mobile device
  • Access AFLTV 24 Hour Channel including Highlights Video and Press conferences
  • Watch full match replays on demand
  • Member exclusive communication
  • Exclusive 10% members discount for Lions Shop

Oh wow, as someone who lives in NZ and is currently just doing the $5 a week through Telstra deal this is something Ill definitely do.

I assume the club has factored in shipping for people who live in New Zealand, as it states its for Australian and New Zealand residents?

Hey LI - can you advise who votes for the Ashcroft Medal?

Media. Certainly not Fagan. When it was mentioned in the press conference Fagan launched into he actually thought it was Neale who took the game on and changed the course of the game in the ten minutes at the start of the third. Which he did but..

It was a disappointing response- the medal was awarded to Mitch and his coach should have let him have his moment in the limelight. Hell, he should have given him a public pat on the back.

My first time fagan disappointment.

Media. Certainly not Fagan. When it was mentioned in the press conference Fagan launched into he actually thought it was Neale who took the game on and changed the course of the game in the ten minutes at the start of the third. Which he did but..

It was a disappointing response- the medal was awarded to Mitch and his coach should have let him have his moment in the limelight. Hell, he should have given him a public pat on the back.

Hes a straight shooter, he called he how he saw it. Im sure he pulled Mitch aside and gave him big ol Fagan Bearhug that Rayner usually gets.

StevoJenkins

The Weekend Worker
Sep 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
AFL

Whilst I have had disappointments with Fagan, as a people person he’s pretty good, he has a good relationship with Mitch as well. They probably had a chat.

Back