The "Ask Lions_Insider!" discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys, I've moved this question to the discussion thread, as it's only tangential to asking Lions Insider things. Really, the question is open to everyone.

My question is:
As Lions Insider has confirmed that they read pretty much every thread on this board, aren't posts in the Ask Lions Insider thread telling people to go to the Discussion Thread just a complete waste of time?

It's kept the way it is so it's easy for people to get a more prompt answer on things and to keep it easy for the lions staff to engage with us. If they choose to check out more threads that's great but sometimes it's not going to be feasible and time constraints kick in. I dont think it's too much to ask of people to just multi quote over into another thread if they want to discuss items further

Please don't make us read every thread.

The good news ... I laughed so hard at that I had trouble breathing.

The neutral ... someone asked me what was so funny.

The bad ... I tried to explain ... it really doesn't translate well :(

For those playing along at home wondering where I got the idea that LI basically read most threads, I based it off this:

I've avoided quoting it to prevent LI being tagged, and thereby having to trudge through the tedium and torpor of less-important threads.

Edit: for some reason, the preview script is showing a different post, but if you click the link, it does anchor to the right place.

From their responses in random threads I gather they do read a fair chunk of them, but tagging them into random threads isn't really appropriate and counter-productive compared to the original intent. If they want to respond let them, if you want a response post in the LI thread.

From their responses in random threads I gather they do read a fair chunk of them, but tagging them into random threads isn't really appropriate and counter-productive compared to the original intent. If they want to respond let them, if you want a response post in the LI thread.
Mate, I'm really just taking the piss. I'm honestly not concerned. If the club want to pay someone to monitor forums, fair enough - it has PR benefits. If they don't, fair enough - it's a cost.

The mods decided to cut a tangent on a thread, which again, I'm not concerned about. Forums are conversations. Conversations have tangents. Eventually, forum threads will generally need to be brought back to a topic, which means a necessary moderation. It all started out as a chuckle at the formalised approach to it. Instead of "come on, back to topic", it was "this thread is XXX. If you wish to XXX, please go to XXX". Again, not concerned about it - it was fair enough. I was just having a laugh.

Probably a problem of reading the mood of text. I was being stupid and getting serious responses.

Hey guys I am up for the week from Melb and went to the game yesterday and will be at the Q Clash on Saturday. I'd love to be able to go to training like the old days in Melb to watch the Roys. Would be good to catch up with my sponsored players to- Squizz and Skinns. When is training so I can come along and watch?
Cheers heaps
Royboys 44

The problem we encountered was the bars around section 61. The boutique beer bars were closed and the lines at the members bar were horrendous. This happened a few games ago when there was an expectation the crowd would be lower (& it wasn't). There also looked like there were problems with some of the food outlets sections 62,63 as we were walking back to our seats for the 3rd qtr start.
Souvlaki stand??? Directions please. Include a map.

I'm more interested in the bolded!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys I am up for the week from Melb and went to the game yesterday and will be at the Q Clash on Saturday. I'd love to be able to go to training like the old days in Melb to watch the Roys. Would be good to catch up with my sponsored players to- Squizz and Skinns. When is training so I can come along and watch?
Cheers heaps
Royboys 44
Usually at the captain's run on Friday. I suggest watching the Lions website for news or give the club a call.

Can't vouch for the quality of the aforementioned wraps - but the sweet potato fries are rather nice. They also have ribs.
Given the discussion is about it selling out, is it fair to say they have a rib?

Reciprocals are a double edge sword. Maybe you attract a few more members, but the same is equal for the other party and you risk losing a few. It's really not marketing genius to give your members tickets to rival codes. Rather than teaming with the Broncos, the smarter thing would be to offer ticketing discounts to Broncos members. ;)

We are building membership numbers really quite nicely all on our own.
I don’t see the need!
They did something similar with the Roar a few years ago but that was when we were struggling to get 15k to a game.
Firebirds too IIRC, but again - it was all the small fish in the Broncos big pond.

Hi Lions_Insider, I'd like to see the Lion's collaborate with the Bronco's (34,681 Members) & both offer their Members an option for a "Special 3 game Reciprocal Membership" add on, with a cap &/or scarf thrown in. I reckon it would instantly attract at least an extra 1000 new members our way next year, with the chance to even swing some into becoming Full Members down the track. It would be a positive for both Clubs initially & the upside would be greater for the Lions in the short to medium term at least. I'd buy one & take the kids to three Bronco's games during the year when the Lions played interstate & game days did not clash. I reckon plenty of Bronco's Members would do the same. What do you think?
Cheers

edit*
*PS: you're welcome to pm me about the implementation of some other ripper marketing strategies I have to maximise next season's Membership numbers. With a proven successful marketing background, I could do with picking up one more part time gig.

As an exclusively AFL supporter I think this is a s**t idea. You want to support league that's your choice but personally I don't want their brand polluting the Lions one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back