Mega Thread The assistant coaching discussion megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Please excuse my intrusion, but Vossy would be good for you guys in whats being talked about here. Have him with Scott Burns and he won't need to be reminded on how to give a spray. Oh and he would probably come for nothing if Buckley agreed to 1 thing, that is give Vossy what rightly should be his the 2002 Norm Smith Medal.

Why would he give to a bloke who wasn't even 2nd best on and was being smashed for 3 quarters by the bloke who won it?

There are better options such as Woosha. Also, need to rebuild the assistant coaching set up - it doesn't seem to function very well and we've lost a lot of our talent to other clubs. That fact that no clubs are looking to recruit one of our assistants is probably a good indication of their standard.

Our assistants are a real worry. Harvey is a club champion that St Kilda was happy to let go and Lappin has as much credibility as a jockey at a nightclub. Eade will be Football manager next year. We need some new blood!!

We should try to bring back Scott Burns imo.

Also op clearly didn't listen to the special comments from Voss in Saturday's game or he wouldn't of made this thread. I came out of that game confident that Brisbane made the correct decision in boning him
Or obviously didn't listen to him commentate before he was even coach :)
Voss would be the last person you'd get if you weren't happy with Bucks.

just get someone who will put them into line. Lappin, Harvey and Hart are all pretty casual guys with no real mean streaks in them(by the looks of it)

Choco would be awesome.... the bottom line is we need coaches who will coach, not act as mates

Although I think Voss would be a valuable addition to any side, I just don't think he would work well with Bucks. Both Bucks and Voss are young, inexperienced coaches and combining them together would be disastrous.

I am on the fence with Bucks, however, even though season 2013 is done and dusted, I still think he can do it for us. At the beginning of the year, I was a bit of a hater, but then I realised that his game plan/style is going to take a few years to get into the heads of our players. There is no point in ridding Bucks now. We may as well give him another year and see how he goes. I expect major improvements in 2014 and anything less than a top four spot would raise serious questions marks over Bucks ability to be a senior coach at this point in time.

I still think he was too raw to come into a senior position. He would have greatly benefited from a few more years under the wings of a senior, experienced coach.

Would love to have Voss at the club, but it won't happen and nor should it.

That's my worry as well. Is Bucks too inexperienced to deal with Voss as assistant? You'd still need an Eade type to balance it out. Maybe Ayres would be better with someone like Ling?but I still think our side needs a King bogan to look up to! :)

Could Ling and Voss work as ying and yang?

We should try to bring back Scott Burns imo.

Also op clearly didn't listen to the special comments from Voss in Saturday's game or he wouldn't of made this thread. I came out of that game confident that Brisbane made the correct decision in boning him

I only heard 15 seconds - what did he say? i thought he made sense, albeit for a very short time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

..just for the record. Voss coached us to the finals in his first year.

He's got Aura. He's had some success, made some mistakes, was trending well and got boned. That's coaching. I really think he could add something to us.

Neeld by record is much worse than Voss - not apples for apples comparison I know - but Neeld feels a lot more damaged than Voss.

Yeah, Mark Neeld's record shows our midfield dominated for 2 years when he was in charge of it. Our mids struggle to run both ways now.

That's my worry as well. Is Bucks too inexperienced to deal with Voss as assistant? You'd still need an Eade type to balance it out. Maybe Ayres would be better with someone like Ling?but I still think our side needs a King bogan to look up to! :)

Could Ling and Voss work as ying and yang?

Who knows...just maybe ;)

I'm all for choco coming back. Even as head coach if that's what it takes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back