The 4th lowest score in List A history.

The three teams to do worse were West Indies U19 vs Barbados, which is understandableish given they were up against Pedro Collins and Fidel Edwards, Saracens vs Colts, which is typical Sri Lankan club 'first class' cricket, and Middlesex vs Yorkshire, which was in 1974.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
One bloke scored 15 off 33, with the rest of the team contributing 9 runs off 11.4 overs, and 3 of those runs were wides!

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Their Development XI beat Ireland a couple of times in the last few weeks, then the full Oman team came last in the 4-team tournament and then this. I see they had four debutantes, maybe that had something to do with it.

Also think Scotland are trying to prove a point.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Oman followed up the 4th lowest score in List A cricket by making 8/248 and beating Scotland by 93 runs. It can be a funny game cricket sometimes.

frenchcutforsix

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jan 21, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oman followed up the 4th lowest score in List A cricket by making 8/248 and beating Scotland by 93 runs. It can be a funny game cricket sometimes.
Yea yea funny game my foot. Their bookies obviously aren't stupid enough to call for a second farce in a row. Would have to think most of the associate stuff is fixed

big_e

Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Yea yea funny game my foot. Their bookies obviously aren't stupid enough to call for a second farce in a row. Would have to think most of the associate stuff is fixed
Scotland are a pretty handy side on their day, a lot of them have played 50+ full internationals, which as an associate, is a decent career. And watching the live stream, which I did, they bowled very well.

Oman, on the other hand, are not even close to being on the same level, even more so when four of them were only just out of their development XI. There were some stupid cricket, the sorts of things you might get away with if you're playing USA or Singapore, like they have been, but not against Scotland.

big_e

Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Good hitting by Scotland in the back end of their innings this evening to get to 5/303.

Were 3/165 after 35 overs then took 138 from the last 10: 7, 27, 10, 18, 9, 17, 16, 13, 13 (and a wicket), 8 (and a wicket)

George Munsey did most of the damage with 96 from 43.

Resistor

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2012
Fly on the wall
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
they don't fear; Dallas Mavericks
Nigeria have qualified for the under 19s WC I see. Would have to be one of the more obscure cricketing nations to compete at an ICC tournament.
On par with Fiji qualifying for the 2016 U19WC, Oman at the T20 world cup as well. USA at 2004 Champions Trophy would be a weird one too.

Sammo360

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Nice to see Spain and Malta playing T20I cricket in a triangular with Estonia XI (not sure why they don't get T20I status?). They were affiliate teams not so long ago.

I could be wrong but last night, Awais Ahmed from Spain becomes the first man to score a T20I century in his very first innings. Sadly not his debut match otherwise it would have made headlines passing the current highest T20I score on debut from Ricky Ponting with 98*.

Last edited:

big_e

Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
It comes across as Xenophobic but c'mon, if I'm watching Spain I want to see Spanish names playing the game, not expat Awais Ahmed
I did a bit of a search and he's been playing for Spain for at least three years, so I presume he's a Spanish permanent resident, and possibly even a citizen.

Back