Remove this Banner Ad

At the innings break:

PNG all out for 118, Chad Soper the only one to get over 20. All but one of the wickets fell to seam bowling.

Canada made 8/222, Davy Jacobs, a South African who retired from FC cricket a few years ago only to now be captain and keeper of the Canadians, made it past 50. Kinchit Shah took 4 wickets.

USA all out for 148, never reallly got going at any point. Good all-round bowling from Oman, but batting has always been their weakness.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Its actually a decent stream of the USA-Oman game. Oman crawling very very slowly towards the total.

HK chase down the total fairly easily thanks to Anshuman Rath, who has to be the best player in Associate cricket right now. Easy century for the captain.

Oman take advantage of a flattening pitch to win a crucial first-up match.

Namibia hold on for victory by three wickets. Highest total of 23* by no. 9 Frylinck.

Just realised I didn't do a prediction. I thought it'd be something like:

Namibia
USA
HK
Canada
^New second divison--------------------vNew third divison
Oman
PNG

Though with little confidence.

I think I saw on a Bertus de Jong tweet that the second division will have status? That goes down to 20 ODI nations if correct

After 30 overs today:

USA are 3/117 against Namibia. Steven Taylor and Aaron Jones had a good partnership.

Oman are 2/125 against Canada. This could be huge for them, given their win yesterday. Canada's bowling may come back to cost them, although their batting is pretty good.

HK are 2/140 against PNG. Rath on his way to a second century.

I think I saw on a Bertus de Jong tweet that the second division will have status? That goes down to 20 ODI nations if correct

Yup! Chance for PNG and HK to get it back after losing it last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today's matches:

PNG having a very bad day so far against Canada, 7/83 after 27 overs. Captain/opener Vala still in on 34*.

Namibia not having a great day either against Oman, 6/92 after 28 overs. Captain Erasmus still in on 28*.

And the USA is cruising against Hong Kong, 1/139 after 30. Honkers lacking any real penetration, will need a big innings from Rath.

Canada have made a huge comeback thanks to Danny Jacobs (former IPL player!) - need 26 runs to win with 4 wickets in hand.

Oman getting strangled a bit, but have wickets in hand - 3/100.

HK are a long way back - 5/104 with only 21 overs left.
I had flashbacks of the former AFL player when you said that name

Remove this Banner Ad

Back