The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can’t believe I’m going to a Bulldogs grand final next week.

Mrs Ossie & I moved to Melbourne 2yrs ago BC, but we made the call to return home to Perth a couple of months back. Ended up getting out 2 weeks ago after packing our lives back up again, my quarantine ends in an hour.

It’s been a hard 18 months in & out of lockdown and restrictions, packed up for an adventure and feel what should have been a great experience was robbed from us.

Now, I can dare to dream

Reckon you wish Carlton could poach anyone.

Literally the only coach who has pulled out of the Carlton job has been Ross Lyon and the reason for that was not because he didn’t want to coach Carlton (he was whoring himself out for the job for weeks) but because he sulked at the process that the club are running in interviewing candidates. Not really a big deal missing out on him if that was something he wasn’t happy to do.

All the other candidates are still in the running to this stage.

Literally the only coach who has pulled out of the Carlton job has been Ross Lyon and the reason for that was not because he didn’t want to coach Carlton (he was whoring himself out for the job for weeks) but because he sulked at the process that the club are running in interviewing candidates. Not really a big deal missing out on him if that was something he wasn’t happy to do.

I was gutted we missed out on him. But after he said he thought the cats would redeem their R23 loss and Port would do it easy I'm now less sure

I was gutted we missed out on him. But after he said he thought the cats would redeem their R23 loss and Port would do it easy I'm now less sure

Our big mistake (of many the club has made for years) was hiring Teague as the permanent HC after a few weeks as the interim coach and not interviewing other candidates or having an actual process. Apparently the players group decided on that, which is just ridiculous from the board. Ross Lyon wanted the same treatment and threw a tantrum. If he went through a process and was given the job, fantastic. But he didn’t want a process to play out.

well 3 of the last four Prelims had the home team raging favourites (with everything to play for) lose. The Port v Richmond Prelim probably the closest in odds, although weren’t Port undefeated in Adelaide all last year? Anyway, 3 of 4 and none could take advantage to even get to the GF.

Normally I would agree but look how s**t Geelong are when they leave their home state and play in places like Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth or the MCG.

Last edited:

You targeted Clarkson so that is another pull out. Would Clarkson have had to go through a interview process as well?

You targeted Clarkson so that is another pull out. Would Clarkson have had to go through a interview process as well?
Not sure but he said he was taking the year off in his post game Round 23 interview. Everyone knows that.

Huh? Clarko also said no mate.

Huh? Clarko also said no mate.

Clarkson was never really on the cards. The club and supporters would love him but he stuck to his word of taking the year off.

I reckon he is lined up for GC in 2023.

Edited to remove the words “never really a candidate”.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see why Port Don't just say stuff it and dack Hinkley after last night's debacle.

Seems really weird to me that AFL culture seemingly doesn't allow for coaches to be sacked during and after woeful finals performances, esp the many years of choking Port have had under Cuddly Ken.

Doesn't strike me that Ken is capable of coaching that group to a flag so why keep him on as coach and waste another season ?

I don't see why Port Don't just say stuff it and dack Hinkley

307923.gif

I hope the GF is a good one cos this entire finals series has been uber trash outside of that one Brisbane v Dogs game.

I took a great sense of satisfaction in watching Geelong being annihilated by The Demons have to admit. Just DEE-lightful

But yes, hopefully the Granny is a nice, close game that hopefully not marred by some controversial umpiring .

Hopefully they are able to fly Neale Daniher and Ron Barassi over for the big game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back