The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I only learnt the other day that the horse Prince Charles played polo on in their 1988 trip (was in an episode of The Crown) belonged to Gil and was leant to Charles. Crazy.

You are trolling here surely.
Getting smashed every week. Our best mid is 34.

Dangerfield has been crap this year, as has Duncan. Guthrie marginally better. Menegola injured.
Haven't seen much of Geelong this year.

Dangerfield just over the hill or is he playing injured or something?

Always been a giant fan of Duncan, shame to hear he's not playing well either.

Haven't seen much of Geelong this year.

Dangerfield just over the hill or is he playing injured or something?

Always been a giant fan of Duncan, shame to hear he's not playing well either.
Bit of both of Dangerfield, after round 1 he hasn't had over 100 SC points, so that probably says a fair bit of where he's at. I actually wonder if he'll continue after this season in a way.

That said, we won the contested ball by 30 on the weekend but our kicking efficiency was more the problem. Was easily Guthrie's best game of the season though, if he gets back to his 2020 form, that'll be a big help to get back in the top 4 race.

This probably should be goal of the season so far honestly.

It was probably not even the best goal of the quarter. :p

It takes no real skill to do that. All you need to hope for is that it doesn’t get touched off the boot.

It was probably not even the best goal of the quarter. :p

It takes no real skill to do that. All you need to hope for is that it doesn’t get touched off the boot.

I dunno about that, it is a lot harder than it looks in my opinion :)

Bit of both of Dangerfield, after round 1 he hasn't had over 100 SC points, so that probably says a fair bit of where he's at. I actually wonder if he'll continue after this season in a way.

That said, we won the contested ball by 30 on the weekend but our kicking efficiency was more the problem. Was easily Guthrie's best game of the season though, if he gets back to his 2020 form, that'll be a big help to get back in the top 4 race.
Is he contracted beyond this year?

I assume he'd be chasing the elusive flag although it feels like you're heading further away from it than vice versa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume he'd be chasing the elusive flag although it feels like you're heading further away from it than vice versa.

We’re not even close to a flag now, we had our chances, it’s gone. Danger’s best years are behind him, has really fallen off a cliff.

Not sure actually, if he is, wouldn't imagine it'd be more then 2023.

I think at least for this season for Geelong fans, the exciting things for us are SDK in defense, Conway debuting yesterday and hopefully solving our ruck issues for the next decade. Stephens and Knevitt I'm hoping can develop quickly, Holmes was looking pretty good before he got injured. Would imagine Dahlhaus, Higgins and probably Selwood are done after this season, Ceglar probably also if he doesn't play this season, Rohan would be on the edge also.

I think we need at least 1 more good key defender and probably 2 A Grade Mids to be able to challenge again, but it's whether you can find that in the next 12-18 months.

We’re not even close to a flag now, we had our chances, it’s gone. Danger’s best years are behind him, has really fallen off a cliff.
Wish he fell off that cliff before round 1. I know it was only us but he looked back to his best that day. Maybe injuries again

Not sure actually, if he is, wouldn't imagine it'd be more then 2023.

I think at least for this season for Geelong fans, the exciting things for us are SDK in defense, Conway debuting yesterday and hopefully solving our ruck issues for the next decade. Stephens and Knevitt I'm hoping can develop quickly, Holmes was looking pretty good before he got injured. Would imagine Dahlhaus, Higgins and probably Selwood are done after this season, Ceglar probably also if he doesn't play this season, Rohan would be on the edge also.

I think we need at least 1 more good key defender and probably 2 A Grade Mids to be able to challenge again, but it's whether you can find that in the next 12-18 months.

Chris Scott has run his race there too.

Other coaches have figured his gameplan out, esp in September

I'm as far from a Chris Scott fan as one can be but I don't believe the gameplan is an issue.

I'm as far from a Chris Scott fan as one can be but I don't believe the gameplan is an issue.

Aside from 2020, it's proven to fall apart in finals since 2012 onwards. It's an horrendous record of underachievement in my opinion.

Aside from 2020, it's proven to fall apart in finals since 2012 onwards. It's an horrendous record of underachievement in my opinion.

You say that as if it's the same game plan?

So who will be the 80s Victorian powerhouse whose list is still 3 yrs off being "ready" that capitalises on inaccuracy in front of goal this time? ;)

Yeah I guess I could see Richmond knocking them off.

Whilst I agree our finals record under Scott isn’t great, from 2012 to now we’ve seen our game plan continuously evolve. Also you must remember that after 2011, it was the start of the end to many of our premierships stars, so not only has our game plan evolved, our list has gone through rebuilds.

Whilst I agree our finals record under Scott isn’t great, from 2012 to now we’ve seen our game plan continuously evolve. Also you must remember that after 2011, it was the start of the end to many of our premierships stars, so not only has our game plan evolved, our list has gone through rebuilds.

Fair enough, unfortunately, the current draft system doesn't generally reward high achievers like Geelong for close to 2 decades of excellence in terms of not missing out on finals, which is a credit to your culture and system (not just Chris Scott)

Some of main criticisms of Scott right now is why he keeps playing a clearly cooked and underperforming Dalhaus ahead of some of your kids in your list

Disappointing to see Miers regress so badly too, thought he was going to be a top player during his first season, what happened there?

On the positive side, Steggles (Stengle) has been absolutely fantastic for the Catters, which does reflect well on Chris Scott and the Geelong culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back