SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, WCW
Buddy to the Lions is weird from both sides but meh. More money to give Chad.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan, Tottenham

Sydney CEO Tom Harley has told Sportsday co-host and Swans champion Gerard Healy that the Franklin report is “news to him”.

“It worries me that Tom Harley isn’t quoted, and it worries me that he’s said that he’s informed the Swans – because he hasn’t informed the Swans,” Healy said on Sportsday.

“That’s all I know. If this is true, he hasn’t informed the Swans.

“That element of it is untrue which then tends to tell me that most of it’s untrue.

“Tom Harley says it’s news to him. I just spoke to Tom. He said, ‘news to him’.

“If he has (told the Swans), he must’ve told the boot-studder because he hasn’t told the CEO.

“He hasn’t heard that, so it puts a question mark on that story.

“If may well prove to be right, but elements of it right now are wrong.”

Tom always has been an honest man of integrity so would take his word for it.

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I doubt Sydney and Brisbane need this distraction heading into the finals.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Jatz As I said at the time only 1 club will be able to rest players. Tonight will mean that with a fortnight to go. Selwood, Stanley, Kolodjashnij, Tuohy, Parfitt, Stewart and Menegola through covid, injuries or 'managed' will have had rests in the recent past. Now getting miles in the legs of Ceglar if he's needed next month.

Strong enough team to beat the Saints but no big deal if we don't with Tuohy, Menegola and Selwood left out.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams

Sydney CEO Tom Harley has told Sportsday co-host and Swans champion Gerard Healy that the Franklin report is “news to him”.

“It worries me that Tom Harley isn’t quoted, and it worries me that he’s said that he’s informed the Swans – because he hasn’t informed the Swans,” Healy said on Sportsday.

“That’s all I know. If this is true, he hasn’t informed the Swans.

“That element of it is untrue which then tends to tell me that most of it’s untrue.

“Tom Harley says it’s news to him. I just spoke to Tom. He said, ‘news to him’.

“If he has (told the Swans), he must’ve told the boot-studder because he hasn’t told the CEO.

“He hasn’t heard that, so it puts a question mark on that story.

“If may well prove to be right, but elements of it right now are wrong.”

Tom always has been an honest man of integrity so would take his word for it.

Yeah no idea what the story is, but I also doubt Harley would say "Yeah Buddy spoke to me and he's going".

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Yeah no idea what the story is, but I also doubt Harley would say "Yeah Buddy spoke to me and he's going".
How great is it when these things come up this time of the year when you're playing finals...
Can remember stories in the hub about us screwing GWS... While preparing for a GF. 🤦‍♂️

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
How great is it when these things come up this time of the year when you're playing finals...
Can remember stories in the hub about us screwing GWS... While preparing for a GF. 🤦‍♂️

I'm fine either way but yeah it's a distraction we don't need. If he stays, great, happy to help get him past Wade next year and 350 games, if he goes, cool, money in the cap to retain our young guns.

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Thoughts on Darcy Tucker trade value Bradesmaen gaskin ?

gaskin

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2009
F*** Alabama
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks
In all honesty, you could probably get him for a 3rd round pick but the club would probably want a 2nd.

Bojan KantKick

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
In all honesty, you could probably get him for a 3rd round pick but the club would probably want a 2nd.
There is a bloke on the trade board proposing a swap for Cam Zurhaar...for a 25 year old that has done bugger all at AFL level I thought that was a bit rich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gaskin

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2009
F*** Alabama
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks
There is a bloke on the trade board proposing a swap for Cam Zurhaar...for a 25 year old that has done bugger all at AFL level I thought that was a bit rich.

I wouldn't do that trade anyway but I am one of the minority on our board that doesn't rate Zurhaar.

largebus

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
Tucker is a classic example of a player too good for state league but gets found out at AFL level due to his decision making being half a second too slow.
Would still significantly improve Norf's list though.

Bojan KantKick

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tucker is a classic example of a player too good for state league but gets found out at AFL level due to his decision making being half a second too slow.
Would still significantly improve Norf's list though.
Our VFL list would improve I'm sure.

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leicester City, Philadelphia Eagles
Be interesting to see Buddy up in Brisbane.

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Apparently we're about to be hit with some covid outs.

Things going well in navy blue haha.

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Doesn't sound like it's true. The notion he'd go there to have more chance at a flag is laughable.
Is it? The Lions have been there about for a couple of seasons now. Maybe not more of a chance but I don't think he's losing much in that sense.

If he wants to be closer to family then I get it. I do wonder how on earth they fit Buddy, Daniher and Hipwood in the same forward line though.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lions should try winning a game.. any game.. at the G first. Not winning a flag if your last win on the G is 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad