The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t think it was spiteful or intentional…more bad timing

Not sure the relevance of either of those things to what should have been a straight forward decision. He jumped unnecessarily and concussed a player.

Not sure the relevance of either of those things to what should have been a straight forward decision. He jumped unnecessarily and concussed a player.
I think he jumped to get the ball and mistimed it slightly

I think he jumped to hurt the player and galvanise his side who were playing like s**t.
Didn’t see that at all and neither did the Appeals board. Suppose have to agree to disagree

Didn’t see that at all and neither did the Appeals board. Suppose have to agree to disagree

Blind Freddie could see that was his intention. He got off on a technicality, nothing more.

Blind Freddie could see that was his intention. He got off on a technicality, nothing more.
The Chairman said the finding of the jury on Tuesday night was unreasonable as both players were contesting for the ball, resulting in the collision.

if he had at least stuck his arms up trying to smother i could understand the both contesting the ball, but he didnt. it was absolutely meant to be a get the players up and about with some physicality bump, and then get stuck into the lions in the ensuring push and shove and try and unsettle them. i get the whole but willie rioli got off bit but how long is a wrong decision meant to be allowed as precedent? is this now going to be used as a precedent for others to get off similar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Chairman said the finding of the jury on Tuesday night was unreasonable as both players were contesting for the ball, resulting in the collision.

Then the Chairman is a nuff too. Wouldn't be the first time.

if he had at least stuck his arms up trying to smother i could understand the both contesting the ball, but he didnt. it was absolutely meant to be a get the players up and about with some physicality bump, and then get stuck into the lions in the ensuring push and shove and try and unsettle them. i get the whole but willie rioli got off bit but how long is a wrong decision meant to be allowed as precedent? is this now going to be used as a precedent for others to get off similar?

The fact Blues had one of their two surges in the game right after that incident underlines the clear intent from Cripps. I can't understand how anyone could see it as a genuine contest.

Surely it has to be the season.

Being able to update it over the off season means everyone can start with a clean slate. If you have players not being suspended vs being suspended for similar incidents in the same season, it kind of ruins the integrity of the comp in that season.

Not that there's a whole lot of integrity there anyway of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back