The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCartney holding a grudge?

Either that or The Giants really rate Hill and think they can convince him to stay on after 2022 if he is still at GWS next season (still think its possible a deal will get done)

Seems to be the feeling across the industry that clubs are more determined than ever to hold players to their contracts and if not, demand seemingly overs for players who still contracted for next season but want out.

Swans started this precedent with Papley a few years ago.

I think a future 2nd rounder is actually way overs for Hill personally, but would also understand why GWS want to him keep him, doubt there is any so called grudge between Giants and Essendon as trading partners, think clubs are more mature than that tbh.

I'm not a fan but we haven't had any value from it yet. When Pav's boy is eligible in 10-15 years, hopefully we finally get some benefit from it.

My Own issue is the criteria should be lowered for SA and WA based clubs myself. It's at least 200 games for dads who played in the SANFL and WAFL IIRC, needs to be revised down to 150 or so games.

My Own issue is the criteria should be lowered for SA and WA based clubs myself. It's at least 200 games for dads who played in the SANFL and WAFL IIRC, needs to be revised down to 150 or so games.

Yeah but it is too late now. We needed that in our early years to take advantage of it.

While I would normally lol at Geelong for taking on someone of Ceglar's age, if they have a young ruckman that they rate (Neale for instance) and can get 3-4 years out of Ceglar while that young guy develops, it could turn out to be a great pickup.

1634111891670-png.1259688

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I would normally lol at Geelong for taking on someone of Ceglar's age, if they have a young ruckman that they rate (Neale for instance) and can get 3-4 years out of Ceglar while that young guy develops, it could turn out to be a great pickup.

There is no way ceglar should be rucking in an afl side in 3-4 years

The sanfl/Wafl thing only lasted for the first 20 years of each club

Edit: apparently that changed. Still, how many players with 150 Wafl games pre 1995 have kids that are 17 now? Would be highly unlikely

GWS rejecting a future second for Hill.
hArD tO dEaL wItH
kaiserchief13 Are GWS dogs for not trading Hill or is that nonsense reserved purely for your saltiness that you got reamed on the Kelly deal??

Despite the sleazy headline, this is a terrific article on Bazlenka, who comes across as a lot more layered and intelligent than what he may appear on field.

The mental health toll on many players these days has to be extremely punishing, and spare me that they are paid extraordinary lots of money so should be able to cope, depression/anxiety/MH issues never discriminates against anyone who has been plagued by Demons aka Amy Winehouse, Heath Ledger, Robin Williams etc

Really pisses me off when ignorant flogs say someone is paid an extraordinary amount od money that they have to suffer in silence or try stoically cope with Mental Health struggles cause of all their fame and fortune.

Despite the sleazy headline, this is a terrific article on Bazlenka, who comes across as a lot more layered and intelligent than what he may appear on field.

The mental health toll on many players these days has to be extremely punishing, and spare me that they are paid extraordinary lots of money so should be able to cope, depression/anxiety/MH issues never discriminates against anyone who has been plagued by Demons aka Amy Winehouse, Heath Ledger, Robin Williams etc

Really pisses me off when ignorant flogs say someone is paid an extraordinary amount od money that they have to suffer in silence or try stoically cope with Mental Health struggles cause of all their fame and fortune.

Agree, although wasn’t Robin Williams’ problems from being diagnosed with Lewy body dementia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back