The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great viewing in those last few minutes. Some very favourable decisions to the Dogs however. The atmosphere looked fantastic in the stadium.

Atmosphere was great at the game last night, fantastic game for a neutral supporter

Lachie Neale to request a trade back to Freo according to 7 Perth

I would burn down the Freo HQ if they even considered doing that for even a millisecond.
Guess he stays at Brisbane then.
in-contract brownlow medallist playing at a club in the window is unlikely to be done on the cheap.

Guess he stays at Brisbane then.
in-contract brownlow medallist playing at a club in the window is unlikely to be done on the cheap.

28 years old (29 middle of next season). Nobody in their right mind gives up 2 top 10 picks for a 28/29 year old- particularly when he is not a player in a position of need.

particularly when he is not a player in a position of need.
How is midfield not a position of need for Fremantle?
Outside Serong and Brayshaw - exclude Cerra who is leaving - that leaves Fyfe and the fossil that is Mundy. Seems light on for mine.

If Freo got pick 2 for Lachie Weller, Brisbane are well within their rights to ask for 6 plus 8.

Dylan Shiel went for 2 1st rounders, so did Tim Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is midfield not a position of need for Fremantle?
Outside Serong and Brayshaw - exclude Cerra who is leaving - that leaves Fyfe and the fossil that is Mundy. Seems light on for mine.

He is exactly the same type of player as Serong and Brayshaw. Add Lachie and it is very slow. Bell is already on the record saying we are looking for outside run hence all the Jordan Clark talk.

Didn't Carlton absolutely butcher the picks also? Think Lochie O'Brien was one of em from memory....

Yeah, LOB was one of the picks. The other was Pick 16 for Gibbs and that was on traded to the Bulldogs for 28 and 30 which enabled Carlton to draft Tom De Koning. TDK will be our ruckman for the next decade. Pick 28 was on traded for Matthew Kennedy who had some very good games late in the year.

It only looks like Carlton butchered the picks from the outside because everyone knows Adelaide traded #10 and 16 for Gibbs and Pick 10 went on LOB but….. what else did Carlton get? You’d need to research what on trading went on and a lot of people don’t bother with that.

Last edited:
Could it now be beneficial for freo to get a later first round pick from us rather than holding two so close to each other?

A later first round pick + future first does sound fair for Neale. Two top 10 picks seems a bit over the top for a 29 year old to a side who missed the 8.

Yeah, LOB was one of the picks. The other was Pick 16 for Gibbs and that was on traded to the Bulldogs for 28 and 30 which enabled Carlton to draft Tom De Koning. TDK will be our ruckman for the next decade. Pick 28 was on traded for Matthew Kennedy who had some very good games late in the year.

It only looks like Carlton butchered the picks from the outside because everyone knows Adelaide traded #10 and 16 for Gibbs and Pick 10 went on LOB but….. what else did Carlton get? You’d need to research what on trading went on and a lot of people don’t bother with that.
Yeah you were marginal winners in a horrific trade
For both sides.

Fair enough, at least you got something out of it. Probably glad you ended up doing that deal as pick 16 ended up being Ed Richards.

Apparently we had a go at TDK last off-season, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we tried again considering we've got SDK on our list and I think they both have family down that way.

Yeah you were marginal winners in a horrific trade
For both sides.

In the way that Carlton didn’t end up with two 1st round guns (who’d say anything if Carlton drafted say Jarrod Brander and Jack Higgins?). It’s more a wait and see I guess. LOB hardly featured under Teague, so we will see next year and beyond. TDK is very exciting for us, I had heard Geelong offered a 1st round pick for him last year, DBAH0 has also heard Geelong went after TDK last year and there’s a lot to say about a player being liked by Geelong. You wont hear any complaints about how that trade turned out.

In the way that Carlton didn’t end up with two 1st round guns (who’d say anything if Carlton drafted say Jarrod Brander and Jack Higgins?). It’s more a wait and see I guess. LOB hardly featured under Teague, so we will see next year and beyond. TDK is very exciting for us, I had heard Geelong offered a 1st round pick for him last year, DBAH0 has also heard Geelong went after TDK last year and there’s a lot to say about a player being liked by Geelong. You wont hear any complaints about how that trade turned out.
I wouldn't be surprised if say Geelong looked to trade say their 3 2nd rounders for a 1st plus something else to a team desperate to accumulate points, and then had another go at TDK actually, but think he'll likely stay at Carlton until he hits free agency etc. depending on his contract status.

I wouldn't be surprised if say Geelong looked to trade say their 3 2nd rounders for a 1st plus something else to a team desperate to accumulate points, and then had another go at TDK actually, but think he'll likely stay at Carlton until he hits free agency etc. depending on his contract status.

TDK has a contract until the end of 2023, signed 12 months ago.

Could it now be beneficial for freo to get a later first round pick from us rather than holding two so close to each other?

A later first round pick + future first does sound fair for Neale. Two top 10 picks seems a bit over the top for a 29 year old to a side who missed the 8.

Nope. We'll want 6 and no future 1st. There are a number of WA players coming through the draft this year that will go first round or early 2nd that we will have our eyes on. We will want to head to the draft with at least one top 10 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back