The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would get pick 4 for its point value if you let someone else take Darcy? I don't like that either tbh.

If you just have to use your first round pick, it becomes more luck and would even out over time imo. Dogs get a steal this year but in the future you may have to use pick 3 if you are down the bottom.
This is how it used to work isn't it? Just took the player with the first pick after the bid.

I am bored pantless right now, so decided to do a list of each club's current best players, mostly (but not necessarily) based on form in the past 2 years/seasons

Not saying I am a grand poobah expert or anything, just my opinion (feel free to list yourself BTW folks)

Adelaide - Tom Doedee
Brisbane - Hugh McLuggage
Carlton - Sam Walsh
Collingwood- Darcy Moore
Essington- Zac Merrett
Fremantle - Nat Fyfe (especially Brayshaw to overtake him in the next 12 months or so through
Geelong- Patrick Dangerfield
Gold Goast - Touk Miller
Greater Western Sydney -Toby Greene
Hawthorn - Tom Mitchell
Melbourne- Clayton Oliver
Norf - Todd Goldstein
Port Adelaide- Oliver Wines
Richmond - Dustin Martin
St Kilda - Jack Steele
Sydney - Tom Papley
West Coast - Nicholas Naitanui (anyone says he is overrated is a pygmie who doesn't know squat about footy)
Western Bulldogs - Jackson Macrae.

The Doggies was very dicey, but honestly feel like Macrae has put a more solid body of work in the last 2 seasons overall than The Bont.

Big fan of Macrae and how he goes about footy (the Dogs version, not his younger bro at the Pies)
Speaking of The Pies, Pendlebury and Sidebottom have been bog ordinary the past 2 years, the game has sadly passed both of them by imo)
Quite confident ours is not correct. Wouldn't even have Patrick as 2nd best.

Stewart
Hawkins.

I like it, it's unique.
Can still remember being at the G as the Bombers thrashed our young side but the cheer as debutante Ablett (and Bartel) came on was brilliant.
Love the nostalgia of it all. Clubs keeping families for 2, 3, 4 generations.

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not a fan but we haven't had any value from it yet. When Pav's boy is eligible in 10-15 years, hopefully we finally get some benefit from it.
I feel like Dogs and Pies have had a few. Definitely a luck based system that is bound to favour some teams. Worried for the day the reigning premier gets four guns over a three year period.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
I am bored pantless right now, so decided to do a list of each club's current best players, mostly (but not necessarily) based on form in the past 2 years/seasons

Not saying I am a grand poobah expert or anything, just my opinion (feel free to list yourself BTW folks)

Adelaide - Tom Doedee
Brisbane - Hugh McLuggage
Carlton - Sam Walsh
Collingwood- Darcy Moore
Essington- Zac Merrett
Fremantle - Nat Fyfe (especially Brayshaw to overtake him in the next 12 months or so through
Geelong- Patrick Dangerfield
Gold Goast - Touk Miller
Greater Western Sydney -Toby Greene
Hawthorn - Tom Mitchell
Melbourne- Clayton Oliver
Norf - Todd Goldstein
Port Adelaide- Oliver Wines
Richmond - Dustin Martin
St Kilda - Jack Steele
Sydney - Tom Papley
West Coast - Nicholas Naitanui (anyone says he is overrated is a pygmie who doesn't know squat about footy)
Western Bulldogs - Jackson Macrae.

The Doggies was very dicey, but honestly feel like Macrae has put a more solid body of work in the last 2 seasons overall than The Bont.

Big fan of Macrae and how he goes about footy (the Dogs version, not his younger bro at the Pies)
Speaking of The Pies, Pendlebury and Sidebottom have been bog ordinary the past 2 years, the game has sadly passed both of them by imo)
Cunners or Simpkin for us. Goldy tailed off a bit in the second half of the year. Probably has 2 years left to get to 300 games then he'll hang them up.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I like father / son but like with so many things in the AFL, whilst they preach equalisation, the many rules they have run counter to the ideal.

Ideally, the AFL would have a completely uncompromised draft system. No father / son priority, no NGA priority, no academy priority and no off field ambassadorships or ways to circumvent the salary cap, and a draw rather than a FIXture. I understand the expansion teams would push back on this citing in some cases valid reasons for concessions, but this is in an ideal world.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SM what's happening with the Jordan Dawson deal? Is tomorrow the last day of trading?

SM what's happening with the Jordan Dawson deal? Is tomorrow the last day of trading?
Just reported that they've accepted the future first round we got from Melbourne.

7EAA7176-69ED-4479-8D2F-9155CD3F68B7.jpeg

Grand Sale! Grand Sale!

The Hawks have been unable to spark suitable interest in established players such as Chad Wingard, Jaeger O’Meara, Tom Mitchell and Jack Gunston despite the club making it known they are available to other clubs.

"They've overplayed and overcooked the value of those players on the market. They're just not wanted,"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back