The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despite the sleazy headline, this is a terrific article on Bazlenka, who comes across as a lot more layered and intelligent than what he may appear on field.

The mental health toll on many players these days has to be extremely punishing, and spare me that they are paid extraordinary lots of money so should be able to cope, depression/anxiety/MH issues never discriminates against anyone who has been plagued by Demons aka Amy Winehouse, Heath Ledger, Robin Williams etc

Really pisses me off when ignorant flogs say someone is paid an extraordinary amount od money that they have to suffer in silence or try stoically cope with Mental Health struggles cause of all their fame and fortune.
So he feels bad for women being objectified on social media but objectified himself. Not sure how he can cope with all the social media attention but posts constantly to increase his followers. Maybe he should just stop using social media. Weird article

Despite the sleazy headline, this is a terrific article on Bazlenka, who comes across as a lot more layered and intelligent than what he may appear on field.

The mental health toll on many players these days has to be extremely punishing, and spare me that they are paid extraordinary lots of money so should be able to cope, depression/anxiety/MH issues never discriminates against anyone who has been plagued by Demons aka Amy Winehouse, Heath Ledger, Robin Williams etc

Really pisses me off when ignorant flogs say someone is paid an extraordinary amount od money that they have to suffer in silence or try stoically cope with Mental Health struggles cause of all their fame and fortune.
Considering his god given gifts(looking like Thor and a pretty good footballer) he seems a real level headed kid. I'm sure people will try and pick faults as thats what peeps do.

Haha and now hes been investigated for pushing someone at a pub. I jinxed him.

Last edited:
Considering his god given gifts(looking like Thor and pretty a pretty good footballer) he seems a real level headed kid. I'm sure people will try and pick faults as thats what peeps do.

Who do you think he is, Noah Syndergaard?

Elmer_Judd said:
Speaking of The Pies, Pendlebury and Sidebottom have been bog ordinary the past 2 years, the game has sadly passed both of them by imo)

Pendlebury was 2nd in last year's BnF & 3rd this year after missing five games lol. He's slowing down a bit but is absolutely still one of our most influential players. I think he's still got a couple of years in him but I suspect this will be his last as captain.

I'll give you Sidebottom though. Missed most of 2020 and has regressed shockingly this year.

Just some minor movement.

Richmond and Collingwood have made a pick swap that will see the Tigers move up the draft board and the Magpies net more points to match a bid on father-son Nick Daicos.

Richmond have gained pick 27 in this year’s draft in exchange for picks 38 and 40, as well as a future third-round selection.

The deal sees the Tigers boost their hand, with the 2019-20 premiers now holding five selections inside the top-30: No.7, 15, 26, 27 and 28.

Easily one of the biggest chvgger quotes of all time on Bigfooty, cos some flog on the Bay said it eons ago...

Rocca was a B grade key forward, who had some A grade moments. His career would probably be pretty comparable to say Petries in regards of average output, though Drew played a little more in the ruck and went well into his mid 30s, so Drew probably slightly ahead in terms of longevity and flexibility, but ability wise pretty similar as key forwards.

Atley has speed, but nothing else, has never been a big accumulator of the ball

I guess as a defensive forward he can use his speed to chase down a few which I think he played there recently, but other than that, why is he still on a list?
Delisted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am i the only one relived there will be no major AFL news (unless a scandal or something tragic happens) between now and the National Draft ? Feels like the whole season, from pre season up until the end of trade period, goes way way long.

need a few months off/respite and enjoy other sports and codes (Come on Melbourne City and SE Mel Phx) and also NFL, NHL and next week NBA seasons are in full swing.

Not as big a fan of cricket I used to be either, but the Poms touring down under is always fun/great

Am i the only one relived there will be no major AFL news (unless a scandal or something tragic happens) between now and the National Draft ? Feels like the whole season, from pre season up until the end of trade period, goes way way long.

need a few months off/respite and enjoy other sports and codes (Come on Melbourne City and SE Mel Phx) and also NFL, NHL and next week NBA seasons are in full swing.

Not as big a fan of cricket I used to be either, but the Poms touring down under is always fun/great

I've barely followed any news since the GF. Don't think it's overkill considering in football we have news/interest all year round with the transfer window/international tournaments over the break.

I bet one of the Eagles is Darling. Seems like the type. From The West:

Eagles CEO Trevor Nisbett confirmed that “a couple” of people were likely to require further education and information on the vaccinations before they went ahead with them but he believed the vaccination mandate released on Thursday would help that process.

“We are in pretty good shape,” he said. “The vast majority have had one shot and we are well on the way to having most people double vaccinated, so it is going well. Our expectation is that we will hit most of the deadlines.”

Fremantle counterpart Simon Garlick said the Dockers were on track to comfortably meet the deadlines.

“I don’t envisage that any of our players will go unvaccinated prior to the season,” he said. “The vast majority of ours are fully vaccinated now and a small amount are still to get their second doses.”

I bet one of the Eagles is Darling. Seems like the type. From The West:

Eagles CEO Trevor Nisbett confirmed that “a couple” of people were likely to require further education and information on the vaccinations before they went ahead with them but he believed the vaccination mandate released on Thursday would help that process.

“We are in pretty good shape,” he said. “The vast majority have had one shot and we are well on the way to having most people double vaccinated, so it is going well. Our expectation is that we will hit most of the deadlines.”

Fremantle counterpart Simon Garlick said the Dockers were on track to comfortably meet the deadlines.

“I don’t envisage that any of our players will go unvaccinated prior to the season,” he said. “The vast majority of ours are fully vaccinated now and a small amount are still to get their second doses.”

Agreed, he strikes as a bible thumping and or uneducated bogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back