The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
ffs I was hoping JVR would get through to our 2nd pick. No doubt Goater and Sonsie are the next two picks and we take a dud in Motlop.
Shut up floggo.
At least your club is in the building picking players.

We're still in the hotel waiting for Part 2.

Used to be a fan of father/son but seems like anachronism these days. They’ve copied US draft system with a big kink. Generation rule was re-done but it’s left the runner up with a no 1 and no 2 picks in two years. Even the Sydney and Brisbane youth schemes …AFL should just set up a AIS style thing for those states.

Used to be a fan of father/son but seems like anachronism these days. They’ve copied US draft system with a big kink. Generation rule was re-done but it’s left the runner up with a no 1 and no 2 picks in two years. Even the Sydney and Brisbane youth schemes …AFL should just set up a AIS style thing for those states.

They tried something like that and it failed miserably.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

It's how the AFL keep shifting the goalposts for academy picks that annoys me. Melbourne by all rights under previous criteria would have been able to draft Mac Andrew as part of their NGA.

It's just really amateur stuff from a so called professional sporting body.

Essendon board 2010-2018: wtf why are we drafting half back flankers when we need an inside mid!!!!!!! * you dodo!!!!

Essendon board 2021 when we draft the best inside mid in the group: wtf why didn't we draft a half back flanker??????? * you dodo!!!!

I'm watching on afl.com.au. Are they not announcing all the picks on a stage and having shifter et al giving their views? I can't get Kayo and it's not on BT/Sky so I can't watch alternative coverage if there is any.
That was all happening on Kayo, Shifter included.
Happy with Sinn, can’t wait to see him and Horne in midfield together when he comes home in 3 years. Tasty.
Port must have been concerned we'd take him to give up a second rounder just to get up two places.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Happy with Sinn, can’t wait to see him and Horne in midfield together when he comes home in 3 years. Tasty.
People rarely move home to a country town after they've tasted the big smoke. But yeah I could see Sinn running off a half back flank for North in a couple of years.

Yeah , Kayo isn't available overseas unfortunately

Managed to use it using a VPN, but yeah pretty annoying.

On a weird one, because I was using roaming on my data I was able to access Optus Sports without a VPN, but when using a VPN it was blocked. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back