The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on guys, how has this been missed?

6D10790D-4034-4ADC-B49D-E52EAF6CE0C1.jpeg

Evidently it was s**t set for a decade in the slow cooker.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Geez Louise do you dirty up at the blues being the butt of many jokes lol.
The topic was club promo's and the best one was missed, sorry.

The best one is the one I posted 😂

Speak up loony lefty so we can hear you well.

So how long is Freo’s slow cooker set? Surely less than 10 years of shitness to come now.

It truly warms the soul to see that for all your flags, Top 4 finishes, Finals and Grand Finals over the last 15 years that you still have time for the little guys, like Carlton and Fremantle.

Last edited:

Very sad, it's possible we may have seen the last of Pendlebury as a player, I always assumed 2022 will be his Swansong.

Given he will be training first week back in January I don't think we have seen the last of him...

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
North and us get Good Friday again. Would be nice if the AFL lets the two little guys keep it from here on in and build something.

For crowd reasons, Norf vs Essendon or Carlton would work better for Good Friday, but I am not really fussed either way. All the games played on Good Friday so far have been boring fizzers, but Norf certainly deserve to keep it cause they were the ones that always pushed for it

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
For crowd reasons, Norf vs Essendon or Carlton would work better for Good Friday, but I am not really fussed either way. All the games played on Good Friday so far have been boring fizzers, but Norf certainly deserve to keep it cause they were the ones that always pushed for it
I wouldn't think Carltons a big drawing team outside of the G. Essendon would, but they get given enough already.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I wouldn't think Carltons a big drawing team outside of the G. Essendon would, but they get given enough already.

We have been getting solid crowds at Marvel Stadium in the last few years too.

Anyhow I just want a good game for once, you guys will belt Norf again by a massive margin on Good Friday, I dare say

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

We are a solid drawcard interstate with lots of Carlton in the crowd. But tbh, stuff like Richmond in Round 1 or playing on major public holidays really doesn’t concern me. Give me the worse time slot of the weekend and I would be happy.

Like that fizzer of a first game that ended with a 3 point margin. Why do you constantly talk s**t about things you clearly have no idea about?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Like that fizzer of a first game that ended with a 3 point margin. Why do you constantly talk sh*t about things you clearly have no idea about?

Well sorry Dad.
Norf have been flogged the last few GF games, no need to make a production number out of it

And btw I wasn't saying you should be stripped off the Good Friday fixture, far from it , but can you honestly say Norf v Dogs again in 2022 is not going to result in another massive win for the Dishlickers ? I expect North to improve next year, but the Dogs have had the wood over you for a while now.

Well sorry Dad.
Norf have been flogged the last few GF games, no need to make a production number out of it
How about we axe the Blues v Tigers round 1 game. All you do is lose that game, and we’re all sick of bottom half crap getting a primetime fixture round 1.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
How about we axe the Blues v Tigers round 1 game. All you do is lose that game, and we’re all sick of bottom half crap getting a primetime fixture round 1.

I would be more than happy for that to happen actually. And I agree with you said there.

Well sorry Dad.

And btw I wasn't saying you should be stripped off the Good Friday fixture, far from it , but can you honestly say Norf v Dogs again in 2022 is not going to result in another massive win for the Dishlickers ? I expect North to improve next year, but the Dogs have had the wood over you for a while now.
You know we played them again last year right? and the margin was 100 points closer. So no, I don't expect another smashing. Those types of games are bound to happen for teams that are rebuilding. As a Carlton supporter, you should know. You've experienced it for the past 15 years during your rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back