The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All well and good but you’ve gone on about Carlton for years. I don’t know when you are after a bite anymore. 😂

But yes, Carlton do have stars. Sam Walsh, who is more valuable than your entire list.
Poor Sam, retired from finals at such a young age.

Nice edit too btw :thumbsu:

Poor Sam, retired from finals at such a young age.

Nice edit too btw :thumbsu:

You should stop supporting Australia in cricket since you have such a strong stance on cheating.

Both my original statement ^ and what I edited to include (about Sam Walsh) are true statements.

Last edited:
You should stop supporting Australia in cricket since you have such a strong stance on cheating.

Both my original statement ^ and what I edited to include (about Sam Walsh) are true statements.
He's also younger than most of the Cat's sons/daughters.

Disappointing replies causing the need for the follow up comment. Women’s footy and cricket getting exposure can only be a good thing. Indigenous kids gravitate to footy over other sports because they have role models and heroes to try and live up to.

Exposure for elite women’s sport can only do good. Give plenty of inspiration to young girls which will see the support for the game grow.

Long overdue and it’s great for girls but yeah it’ll take some time for standard to lift. Yeah think they expanded too quickly …quality not there for so many teams. Personally don’t find it appealing but then again I don’t find too much VFL appealing or some Metro footy

Long overdue and it’s great for girls but yeah it’ll take some time for standard to lift. Yeah think they expanded too quickly …quality not there for so many teams. Personally don’t find it appealing but then again I don’t find too much VFL appealing or some Metro footy

Agree to an extent but expanding to an 18 team comp means everyone has a team they identify with and might check out some games, also gives each club the motivation to invest in and train up the girls in their programs. Think it will mean short term pain for medium-term gain.

Agree to an extent but expanding to an 18 team comp means everyone has a team they identify with and might check out some games, also gives each club the motivation to invest in and train up the girls in their programs. Think it will mean short term pain for medium-term gain.
Fair point. Another thing is I know the footy is smaller but I’d also like to see them shorten the field to allow for more scoring which spectators like to see. Let’s face it people complain when men have too much low scoring. Not sure if they used shared grounds so may not be possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair point. Another thing is I know the footy is smaller but I’d also like to see them shorten the field to allow for more scoring which spectators like to see. Let’s face it people complain when men have too much low scoring. Not sure if they used shared grounds so may not be possible

Like in the WBBL they brought the rope in yeah I wouldn't mind it if it was practical enough to do.

VFL is great. Seeing guys on your list go from strugglers to all of a sudden a must pick AFL side player, or watching VFL listed players toil away and get rewarded at the draft is the enjoyment factor.

VFL is great. Seeing guys on your list go from strugglers to all of a sudden a must pick AFL side player, or watching VFL listed players toil away and get rewarded at the draft is the enjoyment factor.
Yeah I enjoy watching Bombers and some of the finals but not interested in too much else. I do watch some local footy and VFL in person which I find more interesting than on TV. Think it’s more the social side ..standing with mates having a drink

The day I stood in the outer and was by chance next to Jack Henry’s granddad, a nervous wreck that he’d be delisted at years end.

Following season debuts, saw him again last season proud as punch watching his grandson. Best part of footy.

The AFLW is a great product, played by super athletes and a long ******* time overdue. Anyone who is sexist about it should get their head out of 1970s and stop thinking that how their father treated their mother was acceptable.

Agreed many sports pundits and even media experts mocked the WNBA when it started up in 1997, and for a few years it struggled, but now it has evolved into a world class and very watchable sporting league.

Jack Darling might go the same way as Liam Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back