Not open for further replies.
Lewis Young - covid 2 weeks
McKay - 6 weeks
Pittonet - 10 weeks
McGovern - 12 weeks
Parks - 12 weeks
McDonald - indefinite
Jones - covid nuff

Our talls stocks are well and truly f’ed. Went into the season 1 short before Jones. Now we are absolutely cooked
Reckon we're thinner.

Had our FB moved to 2nd ruck, been without the CHB for 3-4 weeks.
No talls in the reserves so had Zach Guthrie at FB in the VFL. Matt Ling or a local footy player being the CHB.

4 rucks on the list. 2 untested. Ceglar and Stanley, only 1 is fit.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Reckon we're thinner.

Had our FB moved to 2nd ruck, been without the CHB for 3-4 weeks.
No talls in the reserves so had Zach Guthrie at FB in the VFL. Matt Ling or a local footy player being the CHB.

4 rucks on the list. 2 untested. Ceglar and Stanley, only 1 is fit.
3 rucks on our list. 1 is a volleyballer not ready until 2023. 5 other key talls down long term. We went in 2 short there once Jones retired.

Leaves us with Kemp as 2nd tall defender, Plowman as 3rd tall fwd/back, Silvagni 2nd ruck and 2nd tall forward. And in a side that relies on quick entries to tall forwards. Can't see us winning a game for a month

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Jesse Motlop making his debut for the Baggers against GWS. Very keen to see how he goes.

Really excited to see Jesse’s debut. He’s put in some good performances in the VFL and fully deserves his spot this weekend.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Is Luke Beveridge in trouble if the Dogs lose tonight ? Think they should win, but the Doggies have looked off the boil all season and I don't think they can really use injuries as an excuse overall.

Not saying he won't be sacked anytime soon, but sometimes this season the thought has occurred to me that Bevo has taken the Dogs as far as he can.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
while the dogs have obviously been better and deserve to win, the 50 against degoey has sucked all the life out of it and you can feel it. it's funny to have brought in a dissent rule for players who are probably the best behaved towards officials already of sports i can think of.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
while the dogs have obviously been better and deserve to win, the 50 against degoey has sucked all the life out of it and you can feel it. it's funny to have brought in a dissent rule for players who are probably the best behaved towards officials already of sports i can think of.
Worst rule ever. Sucking the emotion out of the game.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Worst rule ever. Sucking the emotion out of the game.
it's cruel cos de goey literally does everything to not go off his nut but was clearly just frustrated at himself. you're trying to police reaction and emotion is sport, it just wont ever work. like the doggies bloke who got shoved on his back, arms out with a near smile on his face and thats 50 too. give us a break

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I actually like the dissent rule. Players have gotten away with abusing and belittling umpires for too long.

And we have a problem with umpire abuse at local and junior aka grassroots level.

Not that hard for players to control themselves and restrain themselves from telling the umpires to GAGF (or words to that effect)

I actually like the dissent rule. Players have gotten away with abusing and belittling umpires for too long.

And we have a problem with umpire abuse at local and junior aka grassroots level.

Not that hard for players to control themselves and restrain themselves from telling the umpires to GAGF (or words to that effect)
Sure but that's not the limit of the rule.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

it's not the players, it's fans and parents. at sanfl level i cant say i've ever really noticed abuse from players, maybe a few with certain umpires they knew could take it, the gowans brothers instantly come to mind.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs

Local footy is where it’s at its worst I agree, needs fixing at that level in a big way, more so than the AFL.

Local footy is where it’s at its worst I agree, needs fixing at that level in a big way, more so than the AFL.
Starts at AFL though…better behaviour there and slowly filter to local and juniors. Kids copy their heroes behaviour

Starts at AFL though…better behaviour there and slowly filter to local and juniors. Kids copy their heroes behaviour

Penalising players for putting their hands out isn't the way to do that.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
David King's best work yet Art Vandelay_

King: “There’s a couple of things I want to touch on - is he campaigning for at least a phone call? Given that he hasn’t signed at Geelong just yet, that deal is not done.

King: “I could be 100 per cent wrong with this, but why would he say what he said in the post-game?”

David King's best work yet Art Vandelay_

King: “There’s a couple of things I want to touch on - is he campaigning for at least a phone call? Given that he hasn’t signed at Geelong just yet, that deal is not done.

King: “I could be 100 per cent wrong with this, but why would he say what he said in the post-game?”

He’s an idiot. Scott is complimentary to opposition teams most weeks so using complimentary remarks as a basis for your left field idea is nonsense.

He’s re-signed for 3 more years anyway, just hasn’t been announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back