The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on say it…he’s a very good player.

What an odd thing for you to be obsessed with. I never said he was a bad player. I said he was behind plenty at the Swans and it was a win for everyone for him to go to Carlton. The point being that he's quite clearly good enough for Carlton but not for us. No shame in that, we have a very good young midfield.

What an odd thing for you to be obsessed with. I never said he was a bad player. I said he was behind plenty at the Swans and it was a win for everyone for him to go to Carlton. The point being that he's quite clearly good enough for Carlton but not for us. No shame in that, we have a very good young midfield.
O rly?

Hewett is rubbish lol.

He's a spud mate.
;)

I’m not obsessed and he’s clearly good enough for Sydney

Haha fair cop, those posts were a little tongue in cheek in response to Elmer's love in. I was referring to the discussion this week.
I know, I only bring it up in jest haha.

I think he's being made to be a better player than what he actually is. He's not a gamechanger. In a midfield that bats so deep though, he's supremely helpful to Cripps/Walsh etc.

Think most would agree..

Swans have been a victim of their own drafting success and depth I dare say, they and other young player re-signings and players crucial to their future than Hewett, I am a bit surprised Longmire didn't seem to rate him really given he came runner up in the Swans B and F in his second season, but
their loss is our gain..

I was rapt with his recruitment, but to be honest, never in my most wildest dreams did I think he could play this constant high level of footy like he has with us. The fact we had former Swans recruiter Mick Agestra who probably scouted him as a junior helped

I know, I only bring it up in jest haha.

I think he's being made to be a better player than what he actually is. He's not a gamechanger. In a midfield that bats so deep though, he's supremely helpful to Cripps/Walsh etc.

Yeah agreed. Don't really get this narrative that he's suddenly flourished at Carlton either. When he played a pure mid role for us he was an accumulator and played quite well. He just didn't get the opportunity very often because we had other options for those roles so he was often played as a tagger. He's an enabler who allows your better players to play better. I'd say Kennedy, for instance, is having a better season but is barely getting talked about.

Haha fair cop, those posts were a little tongue in cheek in response to Elmer's love in. I was referring to the discussion this week.
Yeah well you still owe me. Paid 50k more to get Hewett in SC because of you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney by 25-30 points tonight.
I think it might be even more. The slippery conditions last week helped our very small forward line not get outmarked. Feel like Curnow will get beasted by the brothers and we won't get close to kicking 12 goals or get within 40 of the swans

I think it might be even more. The slippery conditions last week helped our very small forward line not get outmarked. Feel like Curnow will get beasted by the brothers and we won't get close to kicking 12 goals or get within 40 of the swans

I enjoy your negative views, every time you grizzle like that, we win.

Game is sold our now apparently . Swans will be tough, but not a team I fear. We should win if our midfield clicks. They have no answer for Prince Charles and our mosquito fleet in our foward line

No but in all seriousness the conditions last week suited us with a lot of stoppages and scrappy goals. Our forward line I dont think functioned all that well at all without McKay as a target. It's just that a contest was created or what tonight will be easy conditions to intercept the Giants weren't able to take and it created another messy ball and stoppage which we'd score from

So we should be against a side that should pushing for top 4. We are 7th-13th range. Don't let elmer fool you thinking we think we are any more than that

More meant you doing your funny little reverse jinx thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back