The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney CEO Tom Harley has told Sportsday co-host and Swans champion Gerard Healy that the Franklin report is “news to him”.

“It worries me that Tom Harley isn’t quoted, and it worries me that he’s said that he’s informed the Swans – because he hasn’t informed the Swans,” Healy said on Sportsday.

“That’s all I know. If this is true, he hasn’t informed the Swans.

“That element of it is untrue which then tends to tell me that most of it’s untrue.

“Tom Harley says it’s news to him. I just spoke to Tom. He said, ‘news to him’.

“If he has (told the Swans), he must’ve told the boot-studder because he hasn’t told the CEO.

“He hasn’t heard that, so it puts a question mark on that story.

“If may well prove to be right, but elements of it right now are wrong.”

Tom always has been an honest man of integrity so would take his word for it.

Jatz As I said at the time only 1 club will be able to rest players. Tonight will mean that with a fortnight to go. Selwood, Stanley, Kolodjashnij, Tuohy, Parfitt, Stewart and Menegola through covid, injuries or 'managed' will have had rests in the recent past. Now getting miles in the legs of Ceglar if he's needed next month.

Strong enough team to beat the Saints but no big deal if we don't with Tuohy, Menegola and Selwood left out.

Sydney CEO Tom Harley has told Sportsday co-host and Swans champion Gerard Healy that the Franklin report is “news to him”.

“It worries me that Tom Harley isn’t quoted, and it worries me that he’s said that he’s informed the Swans – because he hasn’t informed the Swans,” Healy said on Sportsday.

“That’s all I know. If this is true, he hasn’t informed the Swans.

“That element of it is untrue which then tends to tell me that most of it’s untrue.

“Tom Harley says it’s news to him. I just spoke to Tom. He said, ‘news to him’.

“If he has (told the Swans), he must’ve told the boot-studder because he hasn’t told the CEO.

“He hasn’t heard that, so it puts a question mark on that story.

“If may well prove to be right, but elements of it right now are wrong.”

Yeah no idea what the story is, but I also doubt Harley would say "Yeah Buddy spoke to me and he's going".

Yeah no idea what the story is, but I also doubt Harley would say "Yeah Buddy spoke to me and he's going".
How great is it when these things come up this time of the year when you're playing finals...
Can remember stories in the hub about us screwing GWS... While preparing for a GF. 🤦‍♂️

How great is it when these things come up this time of the year when you're playing finals...
Can remember stories in the hub about us screwing GWS... While preparing for a GF. 🤦‍♂️

I'm fine either way but yeah it's a distraction we don't need. If he stays, great, happy to help get him past Wade next year and 350 games, if he goes, cool, money in the cap to retain our young guns.

Thoughts on Darcy Tucker trade value Bradesmaen gaskin ?

In all honesty, you could probably get him for a 3rd round pick but the club would probably want a 2nd.
There is a bloke on the trade board proposing a swap for Cam Zurhaar...for a 25 year old that has done bugger all at AFL level I thought that was a bit rich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a bloke on the trade board proposing a swap for Cam Zurhaar...for a 25 year old that has done bugger all at AFL level I thought that was a bit rich.

I wouldn't do that trade anyway but I am one of the minority on our board that doesn't rate Zurhaar.

Tucker is a classic example of a player too good for state league but gets found out at AFL level due to his decision making being half a second too slow.
Would still significantly improve Norf's list though.

Tucker is a classic example of a player too good for state league but gets found out at AFL level due to his decision making being half a second too slow.
Would still significantly improve Norf's list though.
Our VFL list would improve I'm sure.

Yeah just like when he said he met up with Joe Daniher just to ‘have a chat’

Doesn't sound like it's true. The notion he'd go there to have more chance at a flag is laughable.
Is it? The Lions have been there about for a couple of seasons now. Maybe not more of a chance but I don't think he's losing much in that sense.

If he wants to be closer to family then I get it. I do wonder how on earth they fit Buddy, Daniher and Hipwood in the same forward line though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back