The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you’re being generous for the sake of not looking arrogant. Geelong today would have demolished Collingwood.
Playing like today sure. The pies have a knack of not letting us play our way though. JDG has torched us more than once in recent years

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Playing like today sure. The pies have a knack of not letting us play our way though. JDG has torched us more than once in recent years

I don’t think any club in the competition would stay within 5 goals of you today. You’ve played that good. Just excellent.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Art Vandelay_ UnitedWarrior93

were-back-baby-were-back.jpg

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
When was the last time Geelong smashed Collingwood?

68 points in the 2020 SF. The margins have been by 10-13 points in the last 3 meetings. All Geelong wins.

The latest games would suggest a game today against Collingwood would have been close. But IMO, that would be Pre-game thinking. But on the evidence of today, I think Geelong would be bloody difficult to stop.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I am happy for Zach Tuohy (always loved him as a Blue) and happy for Eddie Betts. Geelong have shown they are a great side. Every year, the same thing. “Geelong are too old and too slow”. This finals series has shown that that just isn’t true at all.

Sydney will be back next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Gotta say Rhys Stanley has played well.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Commiserations to all Swans fans. You’ll be back, well run club.

So damn proud that this is how we’ll send off Joel.

Definitely looked like a retirement game from Selwood. Hawkins crying looked more like he was more crying for his mate, who won’t be out there with him next year. And that hug between Selwood and Scott.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Gotta say Rhys Stanley has played well.
its a long way from seeing him play for westies at thebarton oval where he took a massive mark in the goalsquare and then did his knee in the resulting centre bounce.

happy for danger. of course it hurt when he left, but it was when the club as a whole was hurting with phil walsh. cant blame him for wanting to go home, at least he actually went home. still remember him as a teen coming over in his school holidays to play for westies after he got drafted. did some u/18 coaching and stuff at the club while he was with the crows too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back