Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Honestly, if you are Selwood and Hawkins, is there really a better way to go out than with a flag? It isn't like they are on big money keeping them going around for another year.

If they still enjoy playing AFL, why retire? I think “retiring on top” is an overrated notion if the player is still enjoying the game.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Honestly, if you are Selwood and Hawkins, is there really a better way to go out than with a flag? It isn't like they are on big money keeping them going around for another year.

I get that but if you’re still capable and enjoying playing the game you love, why not keep going? Once you’re done, you’re done, I’m a believer that you go until you simply can’t anymore.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.

At that money the pick going back would surely have to be a 20s range 2nd rounder. At best.
No way you convince someone to take on that coin for him and give back late first.

Gc should give us pick 7 cos we're being nice and taking rankine's salary too

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yep, expected to be announced at 1pm today. He’s the greatest Geelong man ever, going to be strange with him not leading the boys out next season.

Unreal career.
If this is a retirement announcement for Joel Selwood, what a way to go out. Not only his career that has been fabulous but he showed what a great leader he is over the last week.

I read this story yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back