The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckleys Jocks

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We seem to have a thing for Collingwood players.

Seedsman, Crocker, Brown, Madgen (SANFL) and now this guy.

Not sure why. With the exception of Seedsman that is a very ordinary list.

The Madge will be a good pickup at SANFL level though. He's a very limited player but an excellent character.

gaskin

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2009
F*** Alabama
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks
Unfortunately the morons running the show couldn't account for the obvious fact that players will try and exploit it as they do every rule.

Magma

Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.

Ross Lyon already hiring his mates. Only a few days after Liam Stocker signed for St Kilda, that can’t be a coincidence.

across his career as a recruiter, what has he actually done to keep being employed?

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
across his career as a recruiter, what has he actually done to keep being employed?

Being able to take a step back and look at his time at Carlton without blue coloured glasses on, the club are very fortunate for the 2015 draft because SOS lucked out with that one and selected three of the best selections in the top 12. The following years were a mess with some of his 1st round picks (Dow, SPS, LOB at pick 3, 6 and 10) being busts. The Liam Stocker live pick trade, which I liked at the time as SOS was getting who he wanted, but can now see that SOS was just being too cute with that one. Some trades and big FA signings that haven’t exactly worked out. Giving a huge 5 year contract to Mitch McGovern. I am just glad that my club now has a proper list manager and not someone who turned out to be a personality moonlighting as a list manager.

I can’t say much for his GWS years as that was in the first 2-3 years of them becoming a club. But now you have SOS at St Kilda and two massive egos working side by side. I am struggling to see how this doesn’t blow up in their face.

Last edited:

TheGreatBarryB

Hall of Famer
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Astros, Texans, Leeds
It's a s**t rule, if they just policed the mark properly it wouldn't be an issue or if players were smart enough to take advantage of an opponent moving from the mark.
How do you expect them to take advantage of the man on the mark being able to move side to side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

Very entertaining watch. Good nostalgia.

Have watched that game several times (I've had few good moments to watch as a Carlton fan as you well know).

It's amazing how different the game changes in 10 years.

But also, seeing the different players who I've forgotten is always fun as well.

Judd in the third quarter, lifting the team on one leg, Garlett with the run away goal. The two Tigers idiots competing in the ruck against each other...and hitting it straight to Gibbs to start our run.

Also, beating the Tigers from 9th was just incredible haha.

Remove this Banner Ad