The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

A text went out to all players and staff at 7pm last night for press conference. Plenty of talk in a football club and Morris had a source. Not many journos sit on that.

It's not just within the club either. Plenty of people who are "trusted" with this sort of information (e.g. family & friends) can't resist the opportunity to break a scoop to their mates, and then it just causes a ripple effect from there.

If?

We're absolutely stuffed. Our ruck will be second gamer Mcandrew with Mclean running as back up while also operating as our second (read: only other) tall forward to 36 year old Buddy. Our defence will be fourth gamer Will Gould backed up by Robbie Fox and Nick Blakey. You're going to crush us.
:D

We crushed ourselves with our complete shitness. We are a mess right now, an absolutely rabble of a side.

Finals are completely gone. 13 wins probably is what is needed and we aren’t winning 9 of our last 12 games. It was a nice 2 years of semi-competitive football but back to draft watching.

Sharpen the knives. Vossy once again proving he's a s**t coach.

Yep. He’s a s**t coach, coaching 10 or so average to downright awful players. What a disaster waiting to happen that was. 😂

We are the sort of club that would hang onto a s**t kicking AFL player like Jack Silvagni three years after his s**t list managing Dad got the sack. I can’t even not joke about it anymore. Just tragic. 😂

I still maintain Carlton should have bit the bullet and got Ross. Ross's best attribute is getting the best out of average players and Carlton have a lot of those. I genuinely would be scared of a Ross coached Carlton.

I still maintain Carlton should have bit the bullet and got Ross. Ross's best attribute is getting the best out of average players and Carlton have a lot of those. I genuinely would be scared of a Ross coached Carlton.
They would've ruined Ross because they wouldn't have allowed him to Boss it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:D

We crushed ourselves with our complete shitness. We are a mess right now, an absolutely rabble of a side.

Finals are completely gone. 13 wins probably is what is needed and we aren’t winning 9 of our last 12 games. It was a nice 2 years of semi-competitive football but back to draft watching.
Yeah that was pretty bad lol.

Voss isn't a good coach, but the squad is also s**t. They splashed too much cash at bog average flankers and players overrated on the back of their surname (McGovern) and are reaping the consequences. SOS has royally ****ed them.
Yeah I really don't think voss is the issue. Voss isn't the one making McKay and curnow miss those shots.

Yeah I really don't think voss is the issue. Voss isn't the one making McKay and curnow miss those shots.

Yeah, Michael Voss isn’t a good head coach but it isn’t his fault that the team has kicked 13-30 in the last 2 weeks. Simply not good enough.

I think its clear that Voss isn't up to the job but that job is just a poisoned chalice because the culture at the club is fundamentally rotten. I think any decent assistant with realistic senior coaching prospects would be incredibly stupid to take the risk of starting their career at Carlton, and surely the smartest ones will look at what's happened to the likes of Bolton, Teague, Voss, etc. and they'll see it as career suicide.

Jackson showing every bit of his worth against his old side today. Freakishly clean below his knees, winning his own ball against Gawn and the guy who replaced him Grundy.
Narrm are now 13-12 since we ended their 17 win streak last year

What sort of vacuous point are you trying to make other than needlessly denigrating both GF participants at once?

Both sides beat Collingwood last September, the club that’s now the team to beat.
Geelong just got beat at home by GWS, they were fortunate to get a team as ordinary as Sydney in the GF.

Geelong just got beat at home by GWS, they were fortunate to get a team as ordinary as Sydney in the GF.

Why do you keep saying this? Is it a dumb troll comment to get a bite? I'm just confused more than anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back