The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
We traded out a future second round pick for Collingwood’s Pick 30 and drafted Cowan. It feels good actually drafting for need (what Austin has been doing since arriving at the club) and not being cute with the draft (what SOS would do).
349ad134-b4b3-49e7-85e1-952c29acafe8-jpeg.1564027

Young? How old are they supposed to be haha

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Tasmanians always slide in the draft but Cowan would have been easily best available talent wise at that pick. Plonk him on a half back flank or potentially a wing for 10 years. Worst case you can trade him to Tassie for a top 10 pick in 5 years when they enter the league.
I feel bad that that was my first thought haha

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
From the North board.

View attachment 1564526
Wonder how he'll get on with Ross Lyon and if he and Goddard will be able to fit their giant ego's in the same room together.
To be fair, it's a pretty stupid question.

But yes, surely easy enough to not scream, I'm a giant bellend, when answering it.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
To be fair, it's a pretty stupid question.

But yes, surely easy enough to not scream, I'm a giant bellend, when answering it.

I wonder if he wanted to compromise his Geelong interview to try to get to a club with an easier chance to make the 22?

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Would seem an odd thing to do? Would you rather play with a club in finals consistently or one that's at the bottom?

I am not saying that’s what most players would do, just that that sort of confidence was quite clearly a massive turn off. Just thinking out loud.

Would seem an odd thing to do? Would you rather play with a club in finals consistently or one that's at the bottom?

I could imagine some players would rather be somewhere easier to get game time.

From the North board.

View attachment 1564526
Wonder how he'll get on with Ross Lyon and if he and Goddard will be able to fit their giant ego's in the same room together.
Glad he’s not our problem. That up yourself to think you’ll do better than a nailed on future HoF.

Back