1669774681462.jpeg

Phillipou has had an interesting start to his AFL career. 😂

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Seems Phillipou turned a few clubs off him with his over confidence bordering on arrogance.

You get the feeling he'd be disappointed not ending up at one of the glamour clubs.
I reckon he thought he was nailed on to go to essendon

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
The AFL really do love milking the fixture every year. Early December and we are still in, “we will tell you the Round 1 fixture now and the rest of the fixture list in the coming weeks.” mode. Bloody boring,
Dont know why they need to tell us round 1, we all know what Thursday night will be that round

Strange first fixture for us - and also strange timing given what's happening in sport today, bit insecure perhaps haha.
They’re obsessed with being a 12 month product in the media landscape.

Not sure what’s weird about Suns away first up. Someone has to play them at Metricon round 1-2 each year.

They’re obsessed with being a 12 month product in the media landscape.

Not sure what’s weird about Suns away first up. Someone has to play them at Metricon round 1-2 each year.

Sure but as a Grand Finallist I thought we'd have a higher profile first fixture.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Poor from the AFL, let the Socceroos have their moment ffs.

Any other year and I’d say the timing is just standard AFL weirdness. We have had the fixture drop on October 31st, December 20th and December 4th all in the last few years. It’s never a consistent thing every year where the fixture will drop during the same month.

This time around it does seem intentionally done to coincide with the publics attention on the big, bad World Cup and their own countries involvement in it.

Sure but as a Grand Finallist I thought we'd have a higher profile first fixture.
The oddity worth a raised eyebrow is that they've manufactured all 10 Victorian teams avoiding interstate travel.
With both Perth teams travelling across the country with no game Round 1 at Optus.

The oddity worth a raised eyebrow is that they've manufactured all 10 Victorian teams avoiding interstate travel.
With both Perth teams travelling across the country with no game Round 1 at Optus.

Think it's because of an Ed Sheeran concert.

Back