The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Think it's because of an Ed Sheeran concert.
It is. But is them making a rod for their own back in essence.

By forcing an NRL concept with "Magic Round" they've brought the season forward a week. Optus is unavailable and the GABBA, SCG, (lesser extent MCG and AO) all likely listed as unavailable (albeit last 3 very unlikely this summer) as potential Sheffield Shield final hosts.

Our shared venues have tight and packed schedules that challenge their highly trained maintenance staff, and AFL arrogance has again just assumed they can do what they want whenever they want.

It is. But is them making a rod for their own back in essence.

By forcing an NRL concept with "Magic Round" they've brought the season forward a week. Optus is unavailable and the GABBA, SCG, (lesser extent MCG and AO) all likely listed as unavailable (albeit last 3 very unlikely this summer) as potential Sheffield Shield final hosts.

Our shared venues have tight and packed schedules that challenge their highly trained maintenance staff, and AFL arrogance has again just assumed they can do what they want whenever they want.
Generally speaking, it's because they can.

Obviously Ed is a different story.

North vs Carlton for Good Friday this year. As both clubs requested years ago.

Finally having a marquee game is so good. Hopefully this becomes a bit of a traditional between Carlton and North on Good Friday.

Finally having a marquee game is so good. Hopefully this becomes a bit of a traditional between Carlton and North on Good Friday.
You already have one with Tigers in opening game

You already have one with Tigers in opening game

I don’t think a season opener is really a marquee game. Two teams have to start the season off. Good Friday, Anzac Day, Dream time are the marquee games, there might be one or two more I am missing.m

I don’t think a season opener is really a marquee game. Two teams have to start the season off. Good Friday, Anzac Day, Dream time are the marquee games, there might be one or two more I am missing.m
Yeah and it’s always the same two. Doesn’t worry me who plays Good Friday at least they’re playing on the day but think it should be two teams who currently have zero ‘traditional’ games

Im surprised its taken this long for Carlton to get it tbh. We were never the right club to pair with North to make this work. Its a bit of a meh marque game anyway.

On a personal level I'd rather play interstate that weekend anyway, so not to steal a day off my long week away.

Yeah not sure the public has been crying out in recent years over not enough Blues marquee fixtures. Think we’d collectively be happy if most were 4:40 Sunday

s**t. That even sounds like something Fadge would post. 😂

Yeah not sure the public has been crying out in recent years over not enough Blues marquee fixtures. Think we’d collectively be happy if most were 4:40 Sunday
I don't know, everyone enjoyed laughing at us in primetime last season.

In all seriousness, we rate as one of the higher TV audiences so it makes sense to put us where they'll get the best ratings on a weekend.

I don't know, everyone enjoyed laughing at us in primetime last season.

In all seriousness, we rate as one of the higher TV audiences so it makes sense to put us where they'll get the best ratings on a weekend.
Well tbf you do help Ch.7 with comedy and sports genre’s.
s**t. That even sounds like something Fadge would post. 😂
This isn’t sticking, Marlin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No lube or lube bluebaggers? The difference is if we throw in another Smedts/Fogarty :laughv1:

Of all the players we signed to long-term deals, TDK would be the one that would be the least upsetting if he was to leave. I like him but we could replace his output. In saying that, I would be thrilled if he stayed long term.

Yeah I've never cared for TDK. Doesn't have enough mongrel in him.

Don't mind him being the one to leave if we keep the others.
Not overly keen on chasing him. Would cost more than his worth.
Wouldn't want to give up an R1 which would be what's asked.

Much rather try and get Parish as RFA.

If the rumoured magic round fixture is correct, the AFL can go and seriously * themselves on the biggest ******* steel rod they can find. Let's make it Freo v GC on a Friday at a time when people in Perth are at work. A 5:10 bounce down is bullshit- especially if daylight saving is still on at that time.

If the rumoured magic round fixture is correct, the AFL can go and seriously * themselves on the biggest ******* steel rod they can find. Let's make it Freo v GC on a Friday at a time when people in Perth are at work. A 5:10 bounce down is bullshit- especially if daylight saving is still on at that time.
DLS won't be on. It's a ridiculous idea and concept. Reeks of AFL playing copy cat cause they're afraid.

DLS won't be on. It's a ridiculous idea and concept. Reeks of AFL playing copy cat cause they're afraid.

Doesn't matter whether daylight saving or not. if it is 5:10 EST it is 3:10 WST and if it is 5:10 ACST then it is still 3:40 WST. On a weekday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back