The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we’re not going back to prohibition. Pokies losses topped other forms of gambling pre covid at around $ 2.6b a year in Victoria alone. It also affects poorer areas and studies have shown gamblers wouldn’t necessarily shift to other forms of pokies was banned.
Do you know where Carlton's pokies reside? Is it more acceptable if it's exclusively in rich suburbs?

As for the bolded, absolutely rubbish. Anyone that's addicted would find something else.

Also, "wouldn't necessarily" is hardly a strong sentiment.

Do you know where Carlton's pokies reside? Is it more acceptable if it's exclusively in rich suburbs?

As for the bolded, absolutely rubbish. Anyone that's addicted would find something else.

North might not feel so good taking money from Jimmy Brings when they realise who owns Jimmy Brings..

Used to be in Laverton not sure if still there. First time I think they’ve ever been over the West Gate. The studies are there.

Pokies are shitful things. Members can influence their clubs to get out of them and have done so successfully. Just because the league are a bunch of parasites doesn't mean it's ok for clubs to be.
Gambling is on a scale. Some forms are far more pervasive than others.
Reckon Pokies sit further down the pervasive end than many other types.

screenshot_20221207_053633_facebook-jpg.1568694

So glad this clown isn't at my club.
Kochie 🤦‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always laugh at the degree of difficulty for the fixture.
Only care about rounds 1-8 and if we can better our own league record.

Pies
Blues
Suns
Haw
WCE (Ade)
Syd
Ess
Ade

Certainly doable. Rounds 1-3 when we'll likely be slow starters the worry.

I guess a final 10 will make sense when we get to 20 teams. I don't mind it and it'll keep the interest in the season longer for a few clubs.

It’s only at VFL level though where fan interest is subdued at best. Albeit there is already 21 teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back