The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd throw Pyke in there if the crows out the back style works in finals this year. Gero also makes mention that Bomber wasn't the mastermind of the Cats success

Bomber did show that it wasn't a fluke when he went to the Bombers though where he also did pretty well.

Not particularly. It's telling that since the flag in 2012 we have struggled to really turn over the list in any meaningful way.

Clarkson, Bomber, and probably Hinkley would be my top 3 footy brains of recent years. Could probably throw Worsfold in.
You also have a coaching team that helps with various elements, or are you the sort that thinks that the head coach is in charge of recruitment, team selection, etc. all on their own?

So which is it? In your own words, Horse isn't solely responsible for the turning over of the list. In fact, he's not even the main man (providing you have a list manager) in charge of that.

Bomber is nowhere near it imo. Not quite sure what Hinkley has done to suggest he's got the brains either. Clarko obviously good. Would probably agree with you on Worsfold as well. I'd throw Bolton up too. You said we had the worst forward line in the AFL (which is factually correct) and yet we've won 5 games so far. Incredible achievement.

So which is it? In your own words, Horse isn't solely responsible for the turning over of the list. In fact, he's not even the main man (providing you have a list manager) in charge of that.

Bomber is nowhere near it imo. Not quite sure what Hinkley has done to suggest he's got the brains either. Clarko obviously good. Would probably agree with you on Worsfold as well. I'd throw Bolton up too. You said we had the worst forward line in the AFL (which is factually correct) and yet we've won 5 games so far. Incredible achievement.

The coach is still responsible for creating an overall direction for the tactics the list will employ, and the club then goes out to bring players in to suit that game style. Horse has struggled to reinvent us since that flag is probably more what I meant.

We'll have to disagree on Bomber then, I think he's one of the better minds in recent times.

Achilles tear for JJK. Out for a few more weeks.

Oh and Jatz as for Hinkley, Bomber was overworked circa 2006. Club hires Balme as Footy ops boss and Hinkley devised new game plan in the off season so he does have some nous.

Don't know how I missed this part.

[*]All Tribunal fines will be part of an annual contribution of $250,000 for concussion research
[*]WA clubs will receive 12 business class airfares per flight when doing east/west travel
[*]Category A rookies will be eligible to play from round one next season
[*]Restricted free agency has been removed, with all free agents 'unrestricted'
[*]'Rested' players or 'held over' travelling emergencies left out of their senior team will receive match payments
[*]Players have agreed to license their personal GPS data to be made available to clubs and broadcasters with specified limitations

The cat A rookies one is a no-brainer. They shouldn't have to wait to be nominated or a long term injury occurs to be able to play. If they're good enough then let them play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back