The Association Football AFL thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chef

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Moderator #3
Feel pretty sorry for JJ, Jake and Abby atm. The ridiculous shit they are copping is pretty sad. Having to come out and defend yourself against made up rumours must be tough. Hopefully it stops now.

AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
Is it true Van_Dyke Frodo will return on Sunday. Jackpot! :D

P.S. Please don't drop Kersten, grass ain't always greener is it campaigner. :thumbsu:

SM

Bigfooty Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, GW
Feel pretty sorry for JJ, Jake and Abby atm. The ridiculous shit they are copping is pretty sad. Having to come out and defend yourself against made up rumours must be tough. Hopefully it stops now.
What happened?

Jatz

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Thread starter Moderator #6
Marc Murphy likes this.

The downside to social media.

ossie_21

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Everton
Hate what the rumour has done, happy if it starts a fire inside them so we can put some form together

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
https://postimg.org/image/q0kgucha5/

The rumours were JJ was sleeping with Jakes ex Abby. Causing a rift at the club.

They've all had to come out and deny it on social media, it's sad and its over stepping the boundaries.
I get that's not the rift. But what is it? Far too many saying there's a rift off field down there. Is it as simple as JJ coming across as a money hungry US sportsmen?

Jatz

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Thread starter Moderator #10
I wouldn't be offering JJ big money at all. If you sit anyone on him the guy goes to jelly.

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
His price has halved the last few weeks. Even with the CBA increases hell struggle to convince clubs he should be in their top half dozen earners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooksen

AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd, NE Pats
Moderator #14
What happened?
Stringer cheats then leaves his wife and 2 kids to go after a dogs club offical, JJ is there to give stringers ex some support and call out stringer for being a campaigner.

Needless to say all is not rosey at the kennel

gaskin

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks
Is it true Van_Dyke Frodo will return on Sunday. Jackpot! :D

P.S. Please don't drop Kersten, grass ain't always greener is it campaigner. :thumbsu:
Ross said if he ticks all the boxes they'll probably pick him. He shouldn't be picked though considering he has played barely any football this season and Deluca has been tearing it up for Peel and deserves a debut.

Kersten won't get dropped unless Ross decides to go in smaller this week.

chef

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Moderator #16
Stringer cheats then leaves his wife and 2 kids to go after a dogs club offical, JJ is there to give stringers ex some support and call out stringer for being a campaigner.

Needless to say all is not rosey at the kennel
So the BF rumour goes. Bit sad people read that on here and think its fact.

chef

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Moderator #17
I get that's not the rift. But what is it? Far too many saying there's a rift off field down there. Is it as simple as JJ coming across as a money hungry US sportsmen?
I doubt theres actually a rift. The JJ contract stuff is something that happens every season at every club, good on him for trying to get the best deal he can but i dont see the club forking out a fortune for his type.

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
None of us really know what's going on.

Social Media can be a horrid thing.

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I doubt theres actually a rift. The JJ contract stuff is something that happens every season at every club, good on him for trying to get the best deal he can but i dont see the club forking out a fortune for his type.
I don't think it's anything sinister. Just that there's some looking at his antics and output and getting the shits. The other thing that could cause player issues is some not thinking others are pulling their weight this year and riding off the highs of last year. Imo it's likely to be that where some players have dropped off going above and beyond and it's pissing others who are off

chef

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Moderator #23
I heard about this way before it was on big footy tbh
It was pretty common knowledge early last season when it happened(the split) and a reason for Jakes form slump. Not sure thats really an issue anymore as the rumour has grown bigger than that and it's sad they have to come out on social media to defend against some horrible claims.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
That is true.

But Stringer did leave his wife and kids and JJ was the godfather for one of them, so its not unreasonable to think that JJ has called out stringer for his actions
Not unreasonable at all. I was in the year above them at school and certain stories of his cheating are pretty widely known back home as he wasn't exactly subtle about his antics. I'm not going to spread gossip but some of the details are pretty humiliating for her. If JJ really is that close with them both then he'd be a shit friend if he hadn't said anything IMO.

Top Bottom