The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonergan especially after losing a kidney and having 0.0001% chance of playing again
Not just that. Played nearly a decade after it mostly in defence without a guard. One bad whack to the other kidney and he's dead.
All the commentator hyperbole about courage on the footy field is put into perspective.

Time to embrace my inner chicken Nixon. Toot Toot all aboard the Tigger train.
At all times a Vic team must win.

giphy.gif

Who are you going for if it's a Adelaide - GWS GF?

Can't say that was unexpected, just another rubbish final from us, a serious issue with this group.

We're also incredibly poorly coached, anyway well done crows.
It's funny we can both watch us weekly and have vastly different reasons why we fail. I think we overachieve with a bipolar group.
Conceding 17.3 from turnovers isn't coaching, it's something that falls squarely on the 22 players. Same problem in the QF really. Boy that was a long night too. His one bad error was starting in a zone. Took too long to go man on man. All cosmetic anyway. Butcher the ball and you lose regardless of the tactics.

The fact 15 wins was good enough for 1st and 2nd shows that the comp has gone backwards due to the two new teams, we're really a top 6 side not top 2, but the comp is weaker so here we are. Doubt it changes in the coming years either, the talent dilution league wide isn't likely to cease any time soon.

Feel like we need to shake it up a little though, put a rocket up a few, trade 2-3 repeated finals non performers, change 1-2 assistant positions and for the love of god get a ruck coach. Would keep Motlop, two very good finals in a row, was our best tonight. Something tells me he's been carrying a bad injury all year, that rest we gave him late but rushed him back seems iffy. Interesting start for the Lloyd reign in the footy department.

The Concerning Cats need to sack their coach and show a few of their passengers the door. Not far off, they are, but do need to take swift action on their obvious deficiencies.

Buzzing Adelaide are through - a terrific team with a terrific coach. Pity about their fans, but they're still far more tolerable than Tiger supporters.

This afternoon promises to be a cracking affair - 95,000 at the G, mostly dressed in yellow black. Expecting the Giants to embrace the hostility but I'll back Richmond to win it by about 4 goals.

An exciting time of the year, tis. If Richmond get up, the lead up to next week will even more special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crippling hangover. Totally worth it.

Can someone explain to me why at 7-8 goals down Dangerfield remained as the deepest lying forward, 100 metres ahead of play? Not that it would've changed anything, Crows far too good, but it just struck me as being really poor coaching from Scott. Cats were desperate for a momentum shift at that stage and he's the one player that could've provided it.

Crippling hangover. Totally worth it.

Can someone explain to me why at 7-8 goals down Dangerfield remained as the deepest lying forward, 100 metres ahead of play? Not that it would've changed anything, Crows far too good, but it just struck me as being really poor coaching from Scott. Cats were desperate for a momentum shift at that stage and he's the one player that could've provided it.

He was regularly in at centre bounces driving the ball forward for the Cats so not sure that's entirely true.

FAM leaving on wed afternoon but still no guarantee of all members getting tickets
No prize for guessing who you're rooting for this afternoon, then. GWS win would mean 96-97k, while a GF featuring Richmond would probably topple the 2010 attendance record of 100,016 out of 100,024 (post redevelopment).

No prize for guessing who you're rooting for this afternoon, then. GWS win would mean 96-97k, while a GF featuring Richmond would probably topple the 2010 attendance record of 100,016 out of 100,024 (post redevelopment).
unlikely fam will be prioritised if richm get in the gf, but if gws get through we'll be right.
will be there wednesday night no matter what.

FAM leaving on wed afternoon but still no guarantee of all members getting tickets
If u play GWS there is a good chance most reserve seat members get seats a day or two after the original 17000 get tickets once GWS have confirmed their allocation (no doubt theyl only get 5000 tops)

If u play GWS there is a good chance most reserve seat members get seats a day or two after the original 17000 get tickets once GWS have confirmed their allocation (no doubt theyl only get 5000 tops)
Catch 22 tbh, really would like to see richm make it but won't be able to attend unless gws make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back