The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few good ideas on SEN yesterday for this format.

1) make AFLW play this format with maybe an extra 15-20m on the field with 10v10

2) have a 6 team state of origin play this with a $2m prize pool that the 12 players split

Would be lots of fun to play though.
This is pretty much the point of it, getting people from non-traditional AFL backgrounds into teh game and making it accessible and easy to pick up and play, not taking time and able to use a versatile space.

Pretty much like Rugby 7s or T20 cricket. Traditionalists in both of those sports hated those formats when they both came in as well.

This is pretty much the point of it, getting people from non-traditional AFL backgrounds into teh game and making it accessible and easy to pick up and play, not taking time and able to use a versatile space.

Pretty much like Rugby 7s or T20 cricket. Traditionalists in both of those sports hated those formats when they both came in as well.
Easier to understand watching it too. Won't surprise me if they take this as an exhibition to the US, UK or NZ. Rectangle fields are no problem to find overseas.

rugby 7's is not hated by traditionalists. And T20 is not a comparison to this at all.

rugby 7's is not hated by traditionalists. And T20 is not a comparison to this at all.
Ah my bad. Similar idea behind the game though. Kind of like touch footy as well. Easy to pick up and play without needing a heap of mates.

I think there are comparisons to T20 in terms of bringing it to a wider audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back