The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong in particular have killed it the past two seasons
You're not wrong. Even the draft before Menegola and Cunico with late picks.
Alas doesn't excuse the 4 years before it screwing up top picks by going for roughies.

Hamish McIntosh is still screwing us over to this day too.

Did **** all against us before getting injured as well. Only early in his career but not exactly showing much
He and Paddy Dow imo aren't ready and should be in the VFL.

Stevo is killing it was hoping the pies would pass with his issues since we told him we’d take him. Still pretty happy with our haul so far

For me I'd consider it the first 2-3 rounds.
The end of round three is pick 55. There were 78 picks. So you’re saying the top end is the majority of the draft? You’re using “top end” rather loosely if that’s the case.

I’d say top end is the first round. If you look outside of the first round, there looks to be some very good players, all the way down to pick 76. Early signs suggest the depth in this draft is rather strong.

You're not wrong. Even the draft before Menegola and Cunico with late picks.
Alas doesn't excuse the 4 years before it screwing up top picks by going for roughies.

Hamish McIntosh is still screwing us over to this day too.
A bit like us. We butchered about five drafts in a row (Conca, Lennon, C. Ellis, B. Ellis, etc.) and I’m hoping that doesn’t come back to haunt us when Cotchin, Martin, Rance and Riewoldt all retire. We’re lacking quality players in that age bracket from 22 to 26 years old.

A bit like us. We butchered about five drafts in a row (Conca, Lennon, C. Ellis, B. Ellis, etc.) and I’m hoping that doesn’t come back to haunt us when Cotchin, Martin, Rance and Riewoldt all retire. We’re lacking quality players in that age bracket from 22 to 26 years old.
Brando isn’t too bad should be on a wing but admit to being biased since I know him. Conca can’t kick Lennon was a slow pea heart. Corey ellis should be a weapon but is slow and timid. Picking up caddy and meatball helps with the age range but yeah not great

I reckon Dow has improved quite a bit since looking a long way off in the first few rounds. Was very good against you lot & his competition for a spot in the team is Matt Shaw and Nick Graham so it's easy to see why he is being given games

Something seriously wrong at the crows right now.
It’s that training camp they did they head ****ed themselves over us beating them then over trained all pre season to avenge it won round 2 and then have injury after injury. Club needs a clean out

Good recruiting clubs realise their mistakes early and find a sucker to take them, will be interesting to see what of those are punted and what remain as serviceable depth. The hardest part is getting a decent list, the easy part is maintaining it once you do.

The draft doesn't adequately help clubs in the dumps as they are essentially picking a player one spot ahead of the premier from R2 onwards. Really need to nail every round for about 3-4 years and there are a few clubs that don't. Suns were screwed by the AFL with their start up, lax facilities and a compete dud recruiter and now they are proper rooted for some time and will continue to haemorrhage experienced players who leave for greener pastures. Not convinced on the blues either, good promising key forwards and a developing midfield but their defence is GWS lite, not convinced they've done well enough there.

Speaking of,

Brings Cripps to 8 years and RFA, so a big pay day next contract or a prime move away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

their defence is GWS lite, not convinced they've done well enough there
In terms of our depth down back in order of current ability

Docherty
Simpson
Marchbank
Jones
Rowe
Thomas
Weitering
Plowman
A.Silvagni
Byrne
Macreadie

Odd comment to say it's GWS lite with 2/11 coming from the Giants down back

Docherty
Simpson
Marchbank
Jones
Rowe
Thomas
Weitering
Plowman
A.Silvagni
Byrne
Macreadie

Sos is also chasing Haynes from gws and has chased Tomlinson. Carlton have a hard on for gws

Docherty
Simpson
Marchbank
Jones
Rowe
Thomas
Weitering
Plowman
A.Silvagni
Byrne
Macreadie

Docherty is class.
Simpson pretty much cooked and nearly retired.
Marchbank is good.
Jones is crud that can only play as a loose.
Rowe. Old
Thomas is bog standard.
Weitering still has to prove himself.
Plowman is decent.
Silvagni is 31 midway through next season.
Byrne is decent.
Macreadie is decent.

So there really is 4-5 in that lot that should be moved on, and to think it's a defence already leaking the most goals per inside 50

Sos is also chasing Haynes from gws and has chased Tomlinson. Carlton have a hard on for gws
Makes sense since he knows them inside out and there's a heap of talent there. Doubt there's any truth in the Haynes rumours either, we need a lockdown defender got too many like him.

Docherty is class.
Simpson pretty much cooked and nearly retired.
Marchbank is good.
Jones is crud that can only play as a loose.
Rowe. Old
Thomas is bog standard.
Weitering still has to prove himself.
Plowman is decent.
Silvagni is 31 midway through next season.
Byrne is decent.
Macreadie is decent.

So there really is 4-5 in that lot that should be moved on, and to think it's a defence already leaking the most goals per inside 50
My point was more that it's hardly GWS-lite down back.

Thomas will be replaced by Docherty. Forgot to mention Williamson as well who has missed all season who will also be a flanker/winger down there. We desperately need a Neville Jetta type and then a lockdown defender if Rowe & ASOS go

StKildaMissionStatementv2.jpg

Fair to say they've achieved none of those goals. Suns merger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back