The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukosius going to Adelaide makes no sense to me with how heavy their forward line is already and this is after losing McGovern already

If he doesn't go to Gold Coast, surely St Kilda or Port grab him

Only highly rated SA player who Adelaide may need is Rankine
Rozee?

Lukosius going to Adelaide makes no sense to me with how heavy their forward line is already and this is after losing McGovern already

West Coast just won a flag with 2 power forwards and a resting ruckman in the forward line. Jenkins is athletic enough to provide Sauce Jacobs with more of a chop out than he's currently getting, and park his ass behind the ball when it's necessary.

Besides which, Tex is 28. 4-5 years left? Lukosius would only be starting to hit his prime at that point. There aren't many 18 year old KPF's that come in and make an instant impact.

Yeah you'd think Smith will be snapped up by the Saints with pick 4. Rozzee likely to still be there by your pick
I think the Saints will take Max King, doing his rehab there and they love him apparently.

Smith will end up at GC. I do want Rozee for us, but not optimistic he'll make it to 7.

My favourite current s**t footy journo quote is this "X manager has an impressive record when it comes to getting his players where they want to go"

95% of players who want to go somewhere get to where they want to go. Not that impressive at all

I reckon Max goes in the top 3 to the Suns. They'd be crazy not to take the twins
Yeah, i dunno. I think Walsh, Luk and Rankine go top 3. I wouldnt be surprised if GC take Rozee too and hope the SA boys want to stay together, but think Port will take Rozee as a Wingard replacement . Meaning they'll grab Smith.

Last edited:
Yeah, i dunno. I think Walsh, Luk and Rankine go top 3. I wouldnt be surprised if GC take Rozee too and hope the SA boys want to stay together, but think Port will take Rozee as a Wingard replacement . Meaning they'll grab Smith.
I know they've been stupid in the past but surely not again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, i think they would be crazy to take a King at 2 or 3.
Wouldn't surprise me if they trade pick 2 for multiple picks. The go home factor with the SA boys is too risky and leaves them only 1 or 2 clubs to deal with. With two Vic metro brothers + Vic country boys it's less likely to happen.

West Coast just won a flag with 2 power forwards and a resting ruckman in the forward line. Jenkins is athletic enough to provide Sauce Jacobs with more of a chop out than he's currently getting, and park his ass behind the ball when it's necessary.

Besides which, Tex is 28. 4-5 years left? Lukosius would only be starting to hit his prime at that point. There aren't many 18 year old KPF's that come in and make an instant impact.
They already have Fogarty and Lynch also

They couldn't fit them all in this year

But yeah, I'm dead set no on the Kings

We have had a pathetic history in drafting ruckman sized skinny KPPs, none of them ever make it, they either are too injury prone or are too skinny and don't have the frame to fill out to help them

They make it as ruckman, but KPPs, nope, seldom do, they tease but never nail themselves as bonafide A graders.

Only really Ben Brown, Daniher and Hipwood in this mould who are playing above average football/showing promise at the moment. Lobb is injury prone, don't know what's his best position either, ruckman or forward?

Ayce Cordy and Cam Wight are a few who teased for us but their frames never allowed them to go on with it, Cordy in particular was injury prone also.

It's not impossible for a 200+cm player to fill out. Harris Andrews is 202cm and bulked up to 102kg or more. Tippett also built a decent frame over time. So has Tom Boyd, Charlie Dixon, Josh Jenkins and Buddy who was a raw 199cm player when drafted is anything but that now.

Our only under 23s over 190 are Himmelberg and Fogarty and Fog isn't a true KPF which leaves the Berg and nothing else. Currently in the best 22 is Walker, Jenkins and Lynch and one of them isn't a KPF. Whilst it's unlikely we get him (unless we trade up on the night) I do think he would be very high on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back