The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukosius going to Adelaide makes no sense to me with how heavy their forward line is already and this is after losing McGovern already

If he doesn't go to Gold Coast, surely St Kilda or Port grab him

Only highly rated SA player who Adelaide may need is Rankine
Can't see us going for Lukosius, We've already got 7 tall forwards on our list.

Can see us going for Rankine or Rozee, or maybe even Ben King to play down back as we only have 5 tall defenders.

Can't see us going for Lukosius, We've already got 7 tall forwards on our list.

Can see us going for Rankine or Rozee, or maybe even Ben King to play down back as we only have 5 tall defenders.
You'd fit in Lukosius

Westhoff is a utility and is early 30s now
Marshall is a kid still
Dixon is your only bonafide KPF in his prime and he's a deep marking forward, like Hawkins
Watts is s**t

Ladhams/Hayes are ruck forwards and are kids who may or may not make it. Ken doesn't rate Frampton either otherwise he'd have used him more this year. Ryder might sit forward more with Lycett coming in, but I'd say he doesn't have long left with his injury issues and will be 31 at season's start next year.

Everyone at Adelaide are in their prime aside from Fogarty and are decent players. If he slips from Gold Coast/St Kilda then imo you take him

Long term your ruck forward combination should be Lycett, Marshall, Dixon then add Lukosius. Happy days

You'd fit in Lukosius

Westhoff is a utility and is early 30s now
Marshall is a kid still
Dixon is your only bonafide KPF in his prime and he's a deep marking forward, like Hawkins
Watts is s**t

Ladhams/Hayes are ruck forwards and are kids who may or may not make it. Ken doesn't rate Frampton either otherwise he'd have used him more this year. Ryder might sit forward more with Lycett coming in, but I'd say he doesn't have long left with his injury issues and will be 31 at season's start next year.

Everyone at Adelaide are in their prime aside from Fogarty and are decent players. If he slips from Gold Coast/St Kilda then imo you take him

Long term your ruck forward combination should be Lycett, Marshall, Dixon then add Lukosius. Happy days

I still hope to get some tall defenders though, was pretty annoyed going down to Alberton to watch the SANFL side in 2018 and seeing no long term development KPDs and having a tall flanker in Trent McKenzie at full back and Jimmy Toumpas at CHB.

I still hope to get some tall defenders though, was pretty annoyed going down to Alberton to watch the SANFL side in 2018 and seeing no long term development KPDs and having a tall flanker in Trent McKenzie at full back and Jimmy Toumpas at CHB.
Why haven't you guys looked to trade out your surplus rucks and forwards then?

You seem unbalanced in that area, but aside from maybe Marshall you don't have a genuine prospect coming through, all average/battlers etc or getting older like Westhoff and Ryder.

Ken clearly only wants to play small ball down back, Jonas is a gun but is more an interceptor/third tall size and Clurey would be more suitable on the second banana. Not sure letting Trengove and Hombsch was the right idea as they can play on the gorillas at least. You'd need a kid who can play on a gorilla and take a grab too it seems.

But still, I'd take Lukosius if he slipped to you guys, much harder to develop talls rather than smalls or midfielders. Move on your glut of forward half talls next year.

Why haven't you guys looked to trade out your surplus rucks and forwards then?

You seem unbalanced in that area, but aside from maybe Marshall you don't have a genuine prospect coming through, all average/battlers etc or getting older like Westhoff and Ryder.

Ken clearly only wants to play small ball down back, Jonas is a gun but is more an interceptor/third tall size and Clurey would be more suitable on the second banana. Not sure letting Trengove and Hombsch was the right idea as they can play on the gorillas at least. You'd need a kid who can play on a gorilla and take a grab too it seems.

But still, I'd take Lukosius if he slipped to you guys, much harder to develop talls rather than smalls or midfielders. Move on your glut of forward half talls next year.
I dunno, but I can deffs see us addressing it in 12 months time if Ryder, Frampton and Ladhams end up leaving.

Winning clearances is our Achilles heel atm need a big bodied mid and a second ruck
Fair enough

I do agree you don't win enough of your own footy though, but you do have players who can win/find a heap of the ball like Cotchin, Dusty, Grigg, Prestia, Houli, Ellis etc, but imo the gameplan takes this element away a little, a gameplan largely structured around workrate and efficiency.

Interesting Mummy video doing the rounds.

The vulture media will be all over it. The guy made an adult mistake, at a time when he had been ruled out of the 2015 season through injury (from what I read). I hope the bloke gets left alone but he won’t be. He’s retired as a footballer but employed within a football club. I hope GWS doesn’t get rid of him over this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can only imagine how much footage there would be around the traps of this sort of stuff.

No doubt it’s rampant in footy, especially in the off season. But they have to be so vigilant and aware of people around them are filming.

I agree he is an idiot and it's funny. But I don't tend to call idiots legends

Let me introduce you to a little concept called irony.

Some of those messages are downright hilarious. "I love boobs" ******* lol.

Let me introduce you to a little concept called irony.

Some of those messages are downright hilarious. "I love boobs" ******* lol.
In this day and age that sort of thing is hardly called legendary anymore ironic or not.

He'll cop it from the media & club but I wonder if the girls in the messages who are equally involved cop any sort of scrutiny from their employers?

In this day and age that sort of thing is hardly called legendary anymore ironic or not.

He'll cop it from the media & club but I wonder if the girls in the messages who are equally involved cop any sort of scrutiny from their employers?

Yikes.

Why would the girls cop anything? In one breath you try to white knight them and in the next you **** shame them.

Some of the texts I've seen from them they are equally as stupid and disrespectful to his GF as Jack Watts.

They aren't in a relationship with her and owe her nothing.

Is Jack Watts dating your sister? You're going in to bat for her pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back