Not open for further replies.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
And my draft watch is done. See you all tomorrow morning.
Lol i didnt tune in at all and somehow we end up doing a deal with the Crows. We should have done the deal with the earlier pick of theirs that got McHenry. But if Stocker is one that SOS really wanted and he saw him slide and took a chance on it then why not have a crack.

Pick 3-6 next year for pick 19 + 15-20 next year. On paper seems strange just depends on where SOS had Stocker this year many had him in the 10-20 range

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
If we finish 14th next year and the Crows win the flag in draft pick points terms we come out on top. I think we probably finish 15-16th so if the Crows dont make a prelim it probably ends up that way too

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I guess it depends who that pick 1 is.
Sam Walsh and Rankine were meant to be the best these experts have seen and they aren't really talking up next years draft yet so its unlikely they'd be as elite as the top kids this year.

I like the idea of worrying about next years picks next year and just try and hurry up and improve on field. If we don't like the Crows pick we've ended up with try and package it up with a 2020 pick to move up the order.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Lol i didnt tune in at all and somehow we end up doing a deal with the Crows. We should have done the deal with the earlier pick of theirs that got McHenry. But if Stocker is one that SOS really wanted and he saw him slide and took a chance on it then why not have a crack.

Pick 3-6 next year for pick 19 + 15-20 next year. On paper seems strange just depends on where SOS had Stocker this year many had him in the 10-20 range

Apparently the Tigers had Stocker pencilled in so you needed to go before our pick which was directly after

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Wow. I went to bed last night around pick 8 of the draft thinking our night was done. That trade takes some balls considering we could very well finish bottom 3 next year. But I am happy to give SOS the benefit of the doubt here and back the boys in to get a few more wins next year than this year.

Now we have to wait until pick 69, 71 and 77 unless the club have another trick up their sleeve.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wow. I went to bed last night around pick 8 of the draft thinking our night was done. That trade takes some balls considering we could very well finish bottom 3 next year. But I am happy to give SOS the benefit of the doubt here and back the boys in to get a few more wins next year than this year.

Now we have to wait until pick 69, 71 and 77 unless the club have another trick up their sleeve.
Did the usual looking up all the phantom draft notes and highlights on Stocker and he looks the goods. Won the Morrish medal and missed a lot of TAC Cup games. Richmond and hawthorn were very keen on him. Midfield depth is the area we needed to address and we’ve added 3 good young mids this offseason

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Did the usual looking up all the phantom draft notes and highlights on Stocker and he looks the goods. Won the Morrish medal and missed a lot of TAC Cup games. Richmond and hawthorn were very keen on him. Midfield depth is the area we needed to address and we’ve added 3 good young mids this offseason

Yeah, very happy with the choice to moves picks around for Stocker after doing my own research. Sounds like as you said a couple of good clubs were in for him and the Blues themselves saw him as going higher than he did, more a top 10-15 guy in a draft that could be talked as another 2001 in the coming years.

Everyone does their due diligence and I am sure the club has scouted next years draft pool too and saw Stocker as someone they liked more. With what we have got into the club since the season ended, I am so damn happy.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yeah, very happy with the choice to moves picks around for Stocker after doing my own research. Sounds like as you said a couple of good clubs were in for him and the Blues themselves saw him as going higher than he did, more a top 10-15 guy in a draft that could be talked as another 2001 in the coming years.

Everyone does their due diligence and I am sure the club has scouted next years draft pool too and saw Stocker as someone they liked more. With what we have got into the club since the season ended, I am so damn happy.
Think we'll also be going hard at Josh Kelly and trading the 2019 and 2020 1st round picks. The only way we are a chance for him is by improving on field next year and Stocker looks like he'll play games next year.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Seems a bit crazy Vossy that trade for mine and one thats probably going to be regretted.

Like swapping a Ferrari for two Commodores.
Like we said when considering trading pick 1. Two top 20 picks for one top 4 pick generally works out in the favour of the extra selection. Good chance we trade that Crows pick next year for an established player

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Like we said when considering trading pick 1. Two top 20 picks for one top 4 pick generally works out in the favour of the extra selection. Good chance we trade that Crows pick next year for an established player
Didn't you want 3,6 & 20 for pick 1?

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
That was before reading the article where it listed who went at 3 & 6 compared to pick 1. After reading that my mind changed on it massively. Even 3 and 20 works out in favour compared to pick 1
3 & 20 I'd probably say no, but thats not a terrible deal.

You guys are looking at 19 and a pick between 10 & 18. Thats horrible IMO. I'd be melting if that was the Dogs TBH.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I don't think any Carlton supporter can sit there and safely say its a genius move. All it is at this stage is a ballsy move saying we are done with going to the draft after 4 years of hitting it hard and loading up on top 10 talent. Puts some pressure on us to do something next year but as a fan that's a good thing rather than having no expectation and settling for 17th and pick 2

Last edited:

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
3 & 20 I'd probably say no, but thats not a terrible deal.

You guys are looking at 19 and a pick between 10 & 18. Thats horrible IMO. I'd be melting if that was the Dogs TBH.
The two drafts are of different caliber from all reports. So 19 this year isn't worth 19 next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back