The Association Football AFL thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doctor Gero

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers

Time flies. The greatest game ever played.
Wish footy was more like that than the shit we're served up now, teams with pressure forwards winning the comp. Ugh!

go you pups

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Moderator #9,729

Time flies. The greatest game ever played.
Wish footy was more like that than the shit we're served up now, teams with pressure forwards winning the comp. Ugh!
Was it really the GOAT game?

Aside from the early and late drama, Hawthorn largely had your measure and for periods of the game, particularly in the third quarter, were like 5-6-7 goals up. Ablett gave you guys a chance, but too much to do.

Doctor Gero

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
Was it really the GOAT game?

Aside from the early and late drama, Hawthorn largely had your measure and for periods of the game, particularly in the third quarter, were like 5-6-7 goals up. Ablett gave you guys a chance, but too much to do.
Yes. Widely regarded as one of the greatest GF's of all time, no.1 in many eyes.
Have watched it a couple of times already knowing the result. Pure football.

go you pups

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Moderator #9,731
Yes. Widely regarded as one of the greatest GF's of all time, no.1 in many eyes.
Have watched it a couple of times already knowing the result. Pure football.
Plenty of better, closer shootouts imo over the years

Having watched it a few times too, was a decent game but not GOAT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ossie_21

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Everton
Geez season ending it must be a pretty bad break.
Made it seem not that serious when first reported as it said "innocuous incident". Thought it may have been an impact fracture or something, but then later reported as being in a tackling drill which gave me flashbacks to the NFL leg break on the weekend when a player was being tackled & leg planted, body twisted & oh hey, that's my foot pointing in the other direction

Shit news but I admit I did laugh when a workmate said "someone finally tackled him" :(

AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
It’s about their change in culture isn’t it? Still, I agree it’s a bit strange, didn’t win anything.
Seems a bit wanky to me. I’d be embarrassed if Richmond released a documentary after losing a GF. Reminds me of St Kilda’s streak DVD. Both sides achieved nothing. “Culture change”. Spare me.

Top Bottom