The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we'll also be going hard at Josh Kelly and trading the 2019 and 2020 1st round picks. The only way we are a chance for him is by improving on field next year and Stocker looks like he'll play games next year.

Yep, will be an interesting 2019 with some extra development for the youngsters. The midfield depth looks so nice.

I don't think any Carlton supporter can sit there and safely say its a genius move. All it is at this stage is a ballsy move saying we are done with going to the draft after 4 years of hitting it hard and loading up on top 10 talent. Puts some pressure on us to do something next year but as a fan that's a good thing rather than having no expectation and settling for 17th and pick 2

Yeah. Happy with Stocker coming in this year and backing ourselves in next year. Teams improve, both Carlton and Adelaide should be better next year. But going by this years ladder, if the Blues win 6 games next year which would be the hope at a minimum, we’re looking at Pick 5 in the draft for 2019. Adelaide finished 12th this year. If the draft picks are 6 picks apart in 2019, I am happy with the added midfielder this year.

It will be good to hope for wins rather than losses to draft high for a change.

Yep, will be an interesting 2019 with some extra development for the youngsters. The midfield depth looks so nice.

Yeah. Happy with Stocker coming in this year and backing ourselves in next year. Teams improve, both Carlton and Adelaide should be better next year. But going by this years ladder, if the Blues win 6 games next year which would be the hope at a minimum, we’re looking at Pick 5 in the draft for 2019. Adelaide finished 12th this year. If the draft picks are 6 picks apart in 2019, I am happy with the added midfielder this year.

It will be good to hope for wins rather than losses to draft high for a change.
Anything less than 8 ladder positions between the sides and on paper it looks good in hindsight. But I don't think we'll take Adelaide's pick 10-15 to the draft

Anything less than 8 ladder positions between the sides and on paper it looks good in hindsight. But I don't think we'll take Adelaide's pick 10-15 to the draft

Yep, I do believe it will be traded. Could be a valuable pick for the club at the end of the day.

We got in who we wanted this year. By the time 2020 comes around, Stocker will have had a couple preseasons under his belt. Pick 1 and 19 this year looks better than Pick 1 and the next one at 69. A good young kid for the betterment of the team immediately.

Gotta laugh at Carlton. You’d think Rankine slid to pick 19 going by the chuffed looks on their faces. Ralph also tweeted Stocker thought Richmond’s interview was “confronting” because they questioned his defensive contribution. Didn’t think they were as keen as some are suggesting.

On a side note, I really like the look of Bulldogs’ midfield after adding Smith. Have any of their mids hit 25 yet? So much young talent coming through. No reason why they can’t contend again in a couple of years.

Trading a future pick 2 for a current pick 19 and future 12-13 over the years

Scache for Laverde & Charlie Curnow
Coniglio for Taylor Adams & Isaac Smith
Tarranto for Daniel Venables & Isaac Smith
Andrew Brayshaw for Tim English & Darcy Fogarty
Petracca for Blake Acres & Lachie Weller

Doesn't work out every time but it's not as crazy as people make out

On a side note, I really like the look of Bulldogs’ midfield after adding Smith. Have any of their mids hit 25 yet? So much young talent coming through. No reason why they can’t contend again in a couple of years.

Wallis Libba 26
Hunter Macrae 24
Bont 23
McLean Daniel 22
Dunkley Williams 21
West Smith 17/18

Its a pretty decent young mid group.

Wallis Libba 26
Hunter Macrae 24
Bont 23
McLean Daniel 22
Dunkley Williams 21
West Smith 17/18

Its a pretty decent young mid group.
Plenty of upside there. Reckon Dunkley has the tools to become a real weapon.

Crows got a ripper in McHenry. Disappointed we don’t have him.

That said, it appears we got a bargain with Clark. So we’ll see

They’re in trouble then. Fully expect Adelaide to bounce back strong and the Blues to again be bottom 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the plan was that we were always going to trade our first rounder next year anyway. What I’ve heard (which could be rubbish) is that the club is happy with the draft stockpiling we’ve been doing and that they’re planning on trading players in moving forward.

Would explain the trade of picks last night.

2-3 picks in the rookie draft coming up. Suspect 1-2 to be used on Goddard, Bugg & Sam Fisher (ex Swan not Saint). Crazy that Sydney Stack hasn't been picked up must have rubbed clubs up the wrong way

As expected, especially Goddard. Foxtel are replaying the draft from last night, a bit strange they aren’t showing the rookie draft.
We’ve left one spot open to pick a rookie under those new rules. Smart move in case there’s any long term injury. Think most sides are doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back