Not open for further replies.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Needed a lot to go right to go from 2 wins to 6-8 wins in 2019, this isn't ruling out getting there but we saw what happened last year when a few more injuries hit we were heavily exposed. Can't afford to lose anyone else in the 24+ age bracket

Scarlett an absolute gun

Some days would peel off and take a dozen intercept marks and have 30 himself

Very versatile defender
Maybe Jodly had mistaken identity and really meant Milburn haha

Cos Scarlett was an offensive and defensive beast

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Maybe Jodly had mistaken identity and really meant Milburn haha

Cos Scarlett was an offensive and defensive beast
Players like Scarlett and prime Sam Fisher were massive thorns in our side come finals time

Had one of Eades short people done anything on the likes of them then maybe we may have played in a grand final a few years beforehand...

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Doubt it. Should bring in Mitch Grigg and roll with Simpson, Newman, Williamson & Plowman to play HBF. Our midfield is still a weaker area than HBF

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
Apparently new rules coming in to ban the sort of jump Greene uses.
While I don't condone what Greene does at all, there are plenty of contested markers (Josh Kennedy for one) who use milder but similar tactics. You can see what I'm talking about in the mark during the Prelim in the YouTube linked below (start at 14:29). It will be interesting to see if contested marking starts becoming contentious.

Any use of the foot in a marking contest should be prohibited. It is unnecessary and dangerous if the foot is high. I'd be inclined to say knee as well but that would go a long way to eliminating hangers which we don't want to do.

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
Any use of the foot in a marking contest should be prohibited. It is unnecessary and dangerous if the foot is high. I'd be inclined to say knee as well but that would go a long way to eliminating hangers which we don't want to do.
So you're saying the Kennedy mark above should be illegal? There's clearly no knee, and barely any contact with the foot.

We've been talking about it less than 10 minutes, and are already discussing interpretations. That's my concern.

So you're saying the Kennedy mark above should be illegal? There's clearly no knee, and barely any contact with the foot.

We've been talking about it less than 10 minutes, and are already discussing interpretations. That's my concern.

Yes. Why did he need to use his foot? The defender had the prime position so Kennedy kicks him in the arse/lower back to push him under the ball. How is that any different to a push in the back other than using his foot rather than his hands?

The foot was clearly enough of a push to send him under the ball so to say there is barely any contact with the foot is plain wrong.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Screenshot_20181216-192436_Facebook.jpg

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-16/four-aflx-captains-reveal-their-team-logos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back