The Association Football AFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH

Time flies. The greatest game ever played.
Wish footy was more like that than the s**t we're served up now, teams with pressure forwards winning the comp. Ugh!

Was it really the GOAT game?

Aside from the early and late drama, Hawthorn largely had your measure and for periods of the game, particularly in the third quarter, were like 5-6-7 goals up. Ablett gave you guys a chance, but too much to do.

Was it really the GOAT game?

Aside from the early and late drama, Hawthorn largely had your measure and for periods of the game, particularly in the third quarter, were like 5-6-7 goals up. Ablett gave you guys a chance, but too much to do.
Yes. Widely regarded as one of the greatest GF's of all time, no.1 in many eyes.
Have watched it a couple of times already knowing the result. Pure football.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Yes. Widely regarded as one of the greatest GF's of all time, no.1 in many eyes.
Have watched it a couple of times already knowing the result. Pure football.
Plenty of better, closer shootouts imo over the years

Having watched it a few times too, was a decent game but not GOAT

Time flies. The greatest game ever played.
Wish footy was more like that than the s**t we're served up now, teams with pressure forwards winning the comp. Ugh!

Surely you don't make your website dicksonfilms...

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Tom Mitchell gone to hospital with a suspected broken leg.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Tom Mitchell gone to hospital with a suspected broken leg.

kyjbzS-lTTFOEq49o-x_0LhOHo8=.gif

Geez season ending it must be a pretty bad break.

Made it seem not that serious when first reported as it said "innocuous incident". Thought it may have been an impact fracture or something, but then later reported as being in a tackling drill which gave me flashbacks to the NFL leg break on the weekend when a player was being tackled & leg planted, body twisted & oh hey, that's my foot pointing in the other direction

s**t news but I admit I did laugh when a workmate said "someone finally tackled him" :(

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
It’s about their change in culture isn’t it? Still, I agree it’s a bit strange, didn’t win anything.
Seems a bit wanky to me. I’d be embarrassed if Richmond released a documentary after losing a GF. Reminds me of St Kilda’s streak DVD. Both sides achieved nothing. “Culture change”. Spare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back