The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t know the science behind these rankings, but something just doesn’t seem right having the reigning premiers so low on these kinds of lists.

Would many of us got 13/18 sides within 3-4 spots of their final H&A ladder positions? Not sure I've ever checked back to pre-season predictions for AFL. SM any chance you could track it if we put up our predictions in here?

Would many of us got 13/18 sides within 3-4 spots of their final H&A ladder positions? Not sure I've ever checked back to pre-season predictions for AFL. SM any chance you could track it if we put up our predictions in here?

Lol maybe.

Maybe, but injuries are injuries, it’s sport, it happens. Same thing happens when a player gets injured in a practice match, “they shouldn’t have played”.

I honestly don’t mind this AFLX concept, bit of fun, for the kids.

Can’t remember who said it, willo maybe, it’s that it has no bearing on the season. At least a practice match or JLT is gearing up for footy.

I’d hate to lose someone long term to this personally.

Maybe, but injuries are injuries, it’s sport, it happens. Same thing happens when a player gets injured in a practice match, “they shouldn’t have played”.

This is what its all about, the AFL is shitting it self about participation levels at junior levels. They need to do something i guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Practice matches are necessary and are highly beneficial for the players/team and coach. AFLX exists purely for entertainment purposes. As a player, there’s little to gain out of it outside of money.

If a player went down in a practice match, you could take solace in knowing that it happened while they were preparing for the season ahead. If a player went down playing AFLX, you would be filthy as you have lost a player due to an AFL money-grubbing experiment that probably won’t exist in five years.

Can’t remember who said it, willo maybe, it’s that it has no bearing on the season. At least a practice match or JLT is gearing up for footy.

I’d hate to lose someone long term to this personally.

Willo is an idiot though. Who cares that it has no bearing on the season? It's a bit of fun and gets kids to the game. That's a good thing.

Practice matches are necessary and are highly beneficial for the players/team and coach. AFLX exists purely for entertainment purposes. As a player, there’s little to gain out of it outside of money.

If a player went down in a practice match, you could take solace in knowing that it happened while they were preparing for the season ahead. If a player went down playing AFLX, you would be filthy as you have lost a player due to an AFL money-grubbing experiment that probably won’t exist in five years.

Doesn't AFL exist purely for entertainment and money for players?

Alright lads. I’m home. Big day on the sauce. I just realised the resident ball breaker is about to latch onto me. Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of him? Does Mortein work?

SM, if you were an AFL player what would your ultimate goal be?

But I'm not.

My point is this is a product aimed at the kids. A lot of the players seem to like it as a bit of fun, and having it only on one night instead of as a series like last year makes much more sense.

Alright lads. I’m home. Big day on the sauce. I just realised the resident ball breaker is about to latch onto me. Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of him? Does Mortein work?

Do you mean me? Lol. I'm happy to drop the discussion, was just making the point that AFLX isn't aimed at us.

Do you mean me? Lol. I'm happy to drop the discussion, was just making the point that AFLX isn't aimed at us.
Sorry mate bit rough. Just don’t know where you were going with it TBH and I still don’t. The AFL exists because there’s 18 clubs trying to achieve the same goal and the AFL just cash in on a product that happens to be entertaining. AFLX does not have that same level of competitiveness. It’s a borderline piss take and is manufactured entertainment directed at children. No one takes AFLX seriously as a competition, so it’s primary purpose is to entertain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back