Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/0be0f5c17dd4e61be41eab4530b0ef28

All I have to say as a Carlton supporter is thank * that Patrick Cripps was doing the kicking and not placing the ball on the ground. Imagine how devestating that’d be for a Richmond supporter kid if Patrick Cripps missed the ball and broke his hero Jack Riewoldt’s hand.

I get the fun concept of it but on the eve of the season, there is no coach who wants to see that.

Sorry mate bit rough. Just don’t know where you were going with it TBH and I still don’t. The AFL exists because there’s 18 clubs trying to achieve the same goal and the AFL just cash in on a product that happens to be entertaining. AFLX does not have that same level of competitiveness. It’s a borderline piss take and is manufactured entertainment directed at children. No one takes AFLX seriously as a competition, so it’s primary purpose is to entertain.

AFL is there to entertain, AFLX is there to entertain, just because different demographics are entertained by different things is not really ground breaking isn't it?

Kids seemed to love it.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
AFL is there to entertain, AFLX is there to entertain, just because different demographics are entertained by different things is not really ground breaking isn't it?

Kids seemed to love it.
The AFL is driven by competition. AFLX is driven by entertainment. You’re really struggling to get your head around this.

Kids seem to love playing in mud too. What’s your point?

The AFL is driven by competition. AFLX is driven by entertainment. You’re really struggling to get your head around this.

I think it’s why SoO died off. There purely for entertainment but clubs didn’t want to lose a player.

If someone loses a player long term this concept is done

Never mind mate.

For Ford drivers, sure...

Elitist ****s
In the car park sure, benefits for those who buy from our long term sponsor, the longest in all sport btw.

But plenty of surrounding streets with places to park. Not an issue tbh.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
In the car park sure, benefits for those who buy from our long aterm sponsor, the longest in all sport btw.

But plenty of surrounding streets with places to park. Not an issue tbh.
Denying footy fans a park because of their car model is pathetic imo

Should be first in best dressed like every other Victorian ground...

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
I've never had a problem going to and parking at KP(apart from the usual result:(), PP is another story though. Pain to get to and out of IMO and I hated it being our home ground.
It'd be worse now than it was 20 years ago driving there with permit zones and the like, plus the intersection of Elliott Avenue and Royal Parade is one of the busiest in the inner North.

Still pretty easy to get to via public transport though, Upfield line and a short walk, or get the tram

Denying footy fans a park because of their car model is pathetic imo

Should be first in best dressed like every other Victorian ground...
It is. Ford drivers just get in the car park for free is all.

Not a bad choice of captain for the Hawks. They've done well to overlook Shiels, who is a bit vanilla.
Stratton is a good choice imo.
Great initiative
I've always thought so.
Not sure what Pups is on about here tbh.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Yeah that’s a bit s**t. I don’t mind free entry for Fords but should be open to all cars for a cost.

Have liked the look of the new rules so far. Our boys starting to fill out and not look like sticks, in particular Weitering, SPS, Curnow, Cuningham and McKay. Still a bit to go for guys like Dow, Fisher and obviously Walsh to be physically at their best

No it's not, I was rejected last time I went in my Mitsubishi and was told to turn around and park elsewhere

Pathetic elitism

Parked well over a km away, lucky I left earlyish
We've drifted off topic a little, the overall premise was that parking was limited, well it isn't.
So many side streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back