The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this just based on the JLT?
If it was, I'd have Essendon bottom 4. It's a hard year to predict because, to me, there's a lot of teams that are capable of claiming the last 2 spots in the 8. Everyone from Freo downwards I've written off but everyone else is in the mix. Geelong are guaranteed 7 wins at home (Sydney are the only team that can seem to win down there) and they only require about 5-6 wins to make the 8 which is why I have them sneaking in. Sydney are too reliant on Buddy but, everytime I pick them to drop out, they surprise and make the top 4.

West Coast
Collingwood
Richmond
Melbourne
Adelaide
Essendon
Geelong
GWS
—————————
Hawthorn
Sydney
North Melbourne
Brisbane
Western Bulldogs
Port Adelaide
Carlton
Fremantle
St Kilda
Gold Coast

Is this just based on the JLT?
Not for me. Had a rough idea where I rated sides and have made small adjustments off that.

Thought we'd miss finals but now think 2 power forwards + gaz and a home ground advantage will sneak us in with this new 6-6-6 rule.
Something about the Power impresses me, not quite sure what. Lycett and Burton are good recruits imo. That said I can easily see this being a horrible call as they're that type of club.

Brisbane with a bullet up the ladder as I really rate their drafting of late and Hodgey has been invaluable to that young group. Harris Andrews would have been AA imo had Jeremy Cameron not been a dog.

Like Norf's recruits, well except Hall, but a hard side to gauge imo.
Hawks will be skiing in September with no Titch.

Channel 7 just revealed that Rhys Palmer is fighting for life in an induced coma from a motorcycle crash last night. I hope he pulls through. :(

And the media should pull their head in. Every news article about it has to include information about an incident in which Rhys Palmer’s shoe was thrown onto the track during a harness race the night before. He explained what happened and that should be that. Especially after what has transpired after it.

jd2010, how are you feeling about Thursday night brother? We should be winning this one but I have a feeling you’ll be annoyingly competitive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010, how are you feeling about Thursday night brother? We should be winning this one but I have a feeling you’ll be annoyingly competitive.
Don’t think it’ll be too different to last seasons round one encounter. We should hopefully show some good signs but unless you’re well off your game we won’t get within 5 goals

Don’t think it’ll be too different to last seasons round one encounter. We should hopefully show some good signs but unless you’re well off your game we won’t get within 5 goals
Fair assessment. I’d take a one point win to be honest. I think round one the better sides are vulnerable because they haven’t yet clicked into gear, so you’re more likely to catch them on an off night. Are you going?

Fair assessment. I’d take a one point win to be honest. I think round one the better sides are vulnerable because they haven’t yet clicked into gear, so you’re more likely to catch them on an off night. Are you going?
Yeah I’d say that is the case for any playing a top 12-14 side. But we are still a fair way off that. Planning to go but waiting for an overdue little one to be born so not sure yet are you? Should be a massive crowd the two decent JLT efforts plus the good work from Cain Liddle getting the club more engaged with the supporter base there’ll be quite a lot of blue in the crowd for our home game

Yeah I’d say that is the case for any playing a top 12-14 side. But we are still a fair way off that. Planning to go but waiting for an overdue little one to be born so not sure yet are you? Should be a massive crowd the two decent JLT efforts plus the good work from Cain Liddle getting the club more engaged with the supporter base there’ll be quite a lot of blue in the crowd for our home game
Oh nice one good luck with all that :thumbsu:

Yeah I’ll be there. Haven’t missed a Carlton v Richmond round one game yet.

Oh nice one good luck with all that :thumbsu:

Yeah I’ll be there. Haven’t missed a Carlton v Richmond round one game yet.
I haven’t been to one since we probably last won one haha.

What are your thoughts on Liddle? Seems like a pretty good operator

I haven’t been to one since we probably last won one haha.

What are your thoughts on Liddle? Seems like a pretty good operator
Yeah good get. From all reports was very highly regarded at Richmond. Think his results speak for themselves.

Hogan battling anxiety/alcohol issues and won’t play round one. Not a great start. Has been through a lot and I feel like he’s never going to reach his potential.

If Melbourne had information that he had or may develop anxiety do they have to tell Freo when discussing the trade?
First I’ve heard of that. Are they even allowed to do that? That information is confidential.

But FMD. Sylvia, McCarthy, Bennell and now Hogan. Freo mustn’t do their due diligence.

First I’ve heard of that. Are they even allowed to do that? That information is confidential.

But FMD. Sylvia, McCarthy, Bennell and now Hogan. Freo mustn’t do their due diligence.
Maybe not have actual medical information but information from sources to what a players conditions may be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back