The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

O’Conner is the surpising one, what do they see in him?
A lockdown small. Been good in pre-season and didn't s**t the bed in last years final.
Can't do much without Bews or Tuohy.

This is why you throw pre-season form out the window. Most of the better sides either DGAF or play weak teams which make the s**t teams look better than they are. Anyone who expected this to be close were kidding themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton pushed us. We look s**t. Went exactly how most people predicted. Hope Rance is OK.

This is why you throw pre-season form out the window. Most of the better sides either DGAF or play weak teams which make the s**t teams look better than they are. Anyone who expected this to be close were kidding themselves.

Not sure that's true this year. The nature of JLT with only two games meant that teams very quickly got cut down to an almost Round 1 style line up in the second game, and a lot more teams genuinely seemed to try and play good footy. Carlton impressed with their pressure and fitness, and while Richmond turned it on in patches tonight, Carlton showed enough to suggest if they can put four quarters together, they'll be ok this year.

Carlton pushed us. We look s**t. Went exactly how most people predicted. Hope Rance is OK.

Looks like an ACL based on the vision. Richmond saying the same.

Cats backline looks quite tall this week

We made a decent account of ourselves after the 1st quarter but then Richmond ran over the top of us in the 4th. Some poor decision making cost us last night, it’s remarkable how many times one of our players fumbled the ball or couldn’t gather it with no one around them, then the pressure came and it resulted in a Richmond goals. And after last night, Charlie Curnow and Plowman (probably unfair to target two players) need some time in the twos. Plenty to be optimistic about and when we produce 4 quarters of football, the wins will come. Decent first up effort.

And I have never been the type to say “oh, we lost thanks to the umpires” because we didn’t but they were horrible last night and definitely not in our favour.

Last edited:
We got a fair few frees in the 1st, but it’s not like they weren’t there. The 50m to Balta was soft, i’ll Give you that. Thought we fluffed a lot of chances in front of goals as much as Carlton improved in the second. Was 7 goals 8 behinds when could easily have been 12 goals 3...

Yeah, you guys definitely deserved the 4 points last night. I am pleased what I saw on our end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back