The Association Football AFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the 4-5 min blocks where we conceded 3 or 4 goals quick and fast we pushed the tigers who I thought were very good in flashes. Thought our young mids all had really good games for 2-3 quarters which just needs to be all at once or for 3-4 quarters for us to really push or beat top sides

Doesn’t help our chances when our second best player in Charlie Curnow is struggling. It’ll take time of course but for him to be the one of the three talls to struggle the most is surprising.

Yeah, you guys definitely deserved the 4 points last night. I am pleased what I saw on our end.

Last year when you started on fire and we copped 5 50m pens against, the game was tight until 3/4 time and I came away saying I thought you’d win a few that year. I was proven wrong. Round 1 is always hard to gauge but I think your young talent is good and there will be positives, even if not wins all the time...

Last year when you started on fire and we copped 5 50m pens against, the game was tight until 3/4 time and I came away saying I thought you’d win a few that year. I was proven wrong. Round 1 is always hard to gauge but I think your young talent is good and there will be positives, even if not wins all the time...

Yeah, you can definitely see a better, more competitive side forming. Will be interesting to see how the guys develop over next the year or 2.

We made a decent account of ourselves after the 1st quarter but then Richmond ran over the top of us in the 4th. Some poor decision making cost us last night, it’s remarkable how many times one of our players fumbled the ball or couldn’t gather it with no one around them, then the pressure came and it resulted in a Richmond goals. And after last night, Charlie Curnow and Plowman (probably unfair to target two players) need some time in the twos. Plenty to be optimistic about and when we produce 4 quarters of football, the wins will come. Decent first up effort.

And I have never been the type to say “oh, we lost thanks to the umpires” because we didn’t but they were horrible last night and definitely not in our favour.
There were a lot of holds on Blues players that went unwhisteled I thought.

Looks like an ACL based on the vision. Richmond saying the same.

Cats backline looks quite tall this week

Ours is short as *. Good if it hits the ground as we should be able to walk it out, but Cordy will be our tallest defender at 193cm unless Naughton is put back if Franklin/Sinclair/Reid start dominating the air too much

Silver linings on every dark cloud.
This season without Rance could be the making of Balta.

Balta and Garthwaite to get plenty of opportunities. Markov and Ellis to be in and around it. Broad to step up and play taller. It’s not ideal, but not the end of the world.

The Rey Mysterio flykick on Jones that got Lynch the opening goal was pretty bad. And to make matters worse than dweeb Chamberlain said it was the correct call

To me it was alright. It wasn't really unrealistic from Jack as he would probably have marked it if Lynch didn't cut in front of him. It also wasn't one of those ones where the player pushes off with their feet that have been outlawed this season.

It does feel nice to have some questionable umpiring decisions go your way for once. Amazingly, we still lost the free kick count. No doubt our free kick differential will be up (or down) around the -100 mark again this season.

The Rey Mysterio flykick on Jones that got Lynch the opening goal was pretty bad. And to make matters worse than dweeb Chamberlain said it was the correct call

I have no clue why we need expert opinions from s**t umpires anyway, especially not one who also thinks it’s cool to be called Razor by grown arse adults. Just leave the commentators as the only people to commentate on the game. The NBA has a similar setup with former - corrupt as * - referee Steve Javie.

It smells of “I know you people at home think we’re s**t at our jobs, so here is an umpire who you think is also s**t to tell you people that the call you just saw on your TV screen was the right one”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no clue why we need expert opinions from s**t umpires anyway, especially not one who also thinks it’s cool to be called Razor by grown arse adults. Just leave the commentators as the only people to commentate on the game. The NBA has a similar setup with former - corrupt as **** - referee Steve Javie.

He has said before that he hates that nickname and when he is being interviewed he asks to be called Ray. It's just the moronic channel 7 commentary team who think they are in a frat carrying on like morons that go over the top on the Razor crap.

What hell is it with the Vics always fighting in the crowd at footy? Poor culture obviously over there.

It’s brainless behaviour really and it was one 19 year old fighting everyone. The tosser was swinging punches at 3 or 4 guys. He should be banned from all AFL games for life and probably will be. The victims have already said they’re not pressing charges. I mean it’s there choice but I wonder how much of that is male pride like their mates will think less of them if they pressed charges? He needs to be taught a greater lesson than a $322 fine.

Not a member. How do you enforce a ban?

I know there was talk about in England you had to check inatPolice station during match days, but in this instance, do you ban from all teams games or just Richmond games?

The news did say it’s a league decision whether to ban him from all games since he’s not a member of a particular club. So it’s possible to do so. I’ll be keeping tabs on this one as I am very interested to see if the league is going to be tough in this situation.

Good to see we’ve had our first Scott Brother reaction for the season out of the way...:p

FyUcEDxkgaOGmtjwJ5-MfTgmVtPUTnbWPqyRmQaDXuL4aCI0WjPytP24Z7MCXP4rtn-BMsQ6xjMdb8v9hZ6o4_z8TgUql0IHGTxyGOU=w350-h258-nc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back