The Association Football AFL Thread

SM

Bigfooty Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
I still don’t think they’re that much better than many thought going into the season. Beat the suns down here by a point and then capitalised on the bombers not handiling the pressure put on the club.
I still think they're good enough to win 1 of their 19 remaining games which should be plenty to avoid the spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I cannot see Carlton getting 4 wins this season, no.
You said the saints getting 1 more win from 2-1 start will be plenty to avoid the spoon. Which means the side who finishes last must get 2 or less wins doesn’t it?

SM

Bigfooty Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
You said the saints getting 1 more win from 2-1 start will be plenty to avoid the spoon. Which means the side who finishes last must get 2 or less wins doesn’t it?
Sure. What I'm saying is that the Saints will get to 3 wins (and then some) and you are not getting to 4, meaning unless you think you will suffer less beltings than the Saints, you're finishing below them.

In fact given the Saints and Suns are already 2-1 I'm really not sure who else is likely to be up for the spoon except the Blues.

roo2macca

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
Sure. What I'm saying is that the Saints will get to 3 wins (and then some) and you are not getting to 4, meaning unless you think you will suffer less beltings than the Saints, you're finishing below them.

In fact given the Saints and Suns are already 2-1 I'm really not sure who else is likely to be up for the spoon except the Blues.
North?

Doctor Gero

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
North look woeful.

For the blues to avoid the spoon honourable losses have to become unacceptable.

Think 18th will win 4 games this year. They’ll snag a couple of upsets along the way.

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Lose next week and I agree. Win and it’s suns 2-2 carlton 1-3 can’t see how it can be a clear favourite for last one game behind with 18 to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Solid insight.

I hear they're also a chance to be 3-1. Neither of which is 0-4.
A big chance to be 2-2 is what I said so yeah bit more solid insight than anything you've contributed the past 12 hours

SM

Bigfooty Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
A big chance to be 2-2 is what I said so yeah bit more solid insight than anything you've contributed the past 12 hours
Hahaha.

Mate they're 2-1 and you're saying with a straight face that they're a chance to be 2-2. Thanks for the news flash.

You're funny sometimes.

Van_Dyke

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, Glory, Warriors, NOLA,
They started last year in reasonable form too so I'm expecting it to drop off a bit after 4-5 rounds but who knows, might have deeper tanks.
Yeah this, it seems as if GC normally have a good first 4 weeks or so of the season and then they fall off a cliff. For their sake hope they can turn that trend around

Zoom

Carefree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Brooklyn Nets
Considering a punch to the gut that drops someone running past way off the ball isn't forceful enough for a suspension, I'm surprised they even gave him a week.
I’m surprised they gave Dusty a week considering Tom Mitchell got off for basically doing the exact same thing last year.

jod23

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Been impressed with us so far after a dodgy premiership hangover in round one. Beat two really good teams in GWS and Collingwood.

With Richmond's injuries and form and Melbourne being complete trash so far, back to back is looking a decent chance. Geelong and Collingwood should be thereabouts and GWS are a good side.

Already beaten two of those sides though and still have Nic Nat to come back in. Plus Rioli too.

Top Bottom