Not open for further replies.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Lol got what we deserved today. s**t all day they were just shitter for larger parts of it. Just don't know what we are doing in those situations leading with 90 seconds to go because it's so rare. Going in with 4 tall forwards was always going to be a strange thing to watch and we targetted Micky Gibbons more than we did anyone else, no idea how David Teague the forwards coach can justify that

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Lol got what we deserved today. s**t all day they were just shitter for larger parts of it. Just don't know what we are doing in those situations leading with 90 seconds to go because it's so rare. Going in with 4 tall forwards was always going to be a strange thing to watch and we targetted Micky Gibbons more than we did anyone else, no idea how David Teague the forwards coach can justify that

I guess if not for Weitering we were probably on the end of an arse kicking. He kept it all together down back.

Walsh was good again. Ed Curnow really needs to punch himself in the face for missing the shot he did which puts us 10+ up with a minute to go and wins the game for us. Pathetic miss.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I guess if not for Weitering we were probably on the end of an arse kicking. He kept it all together down back.

Walsh was good again. Ed Curnow really needs to punch himself in the face for missing the shot he did which puts us 10+ up with a minute to go and wins the game for us. Pathetic miss.
Left foot snap under a little bit of pressure, should kick it but hardly pathetic. Paddy Dow at the death going inside instead of outside is the reason we lost that game. Plain and simple we run that ball down the outside we win, he goes inside and misses another target with a 1 on 2 and they get the ball forward. Harsh perhaps because he is a second year player but that play there was the game decider and can't be called anything but that just because he is 19 or 20 years old

I get Bolton is a defensive coach but it opens you up to keeping a team you're controlling in the game. Like you said Weitering (plus Jones and Newman) kept them at bay and stopped their scoring but we just had no system at all going forward. Off the top of my head I can think of 7 times we bombed it long to Gibbons today, and it's a common theme throughout the first 3 rounds too.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Left foot snap under a little bit of pressure, should kick it but hardly pathetic. Paddy Dow at the death going inside instead of outside is the reason we lost that game. Plain and simple we run that ball down the outside we win, he goes inside and misses another target with a 1 on 2 and they get the ball forward. Harsh perhaps because he is a second year player but that play there was the game decider and can't be called anything but that just because he is 19 or 20 years old

I get Bolton is a defensive coach but it opens you up to keeping a team you're controlling in the game. Like you said Weitering (plus Jones and Newman) kept them at bay and stopped their scoring but we just had no system at all going forward. Off the top of my head I can think of 7 times we bombed it long to Gibbons today, and it's a common theme throughout the first 3 rounds too.

I guess calling the Curnow miss pathetic is a bit harsh under those circumstances. I mean how often have we found ourselves up a few points with a minute to go? That is pretty significant pressure. With Dow I will argue that although this is his second year and he is a young kid, hitting your target from 15 metres away when the player is free should be a fairly simple task for most footballers. He will gain experience over time to be cleaner with his kick but that one right there was disappointing to see.

It sucks to be 0-4 and this loss was the most disappointing of the year. At least the other games we put significant scoreboard pressure on. Today we lost in a very low scoring contest and list it in the last 12 seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said SMelty we will only be a chance for that "IF" we won today. Lose today and 18th and less than 4 is a given

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Saints 3-1, looks like that chance of being 2-2 didn't come to fruition.

You're a funny one.

It was not unreasonable to assume St Kilda were in the spoon conversation.

No Carlisle and Roberton down back due to injuries, Steven having his mental health issues, Hannerbery out due to injury (or coke) and Paddy and Max King injured too.

Somewhat lucky to be 3-1 but played some good footy and hopefully can build on it.

It was not unreasonable to assume St Kilda were in the spoon conversation.

No Carlisle and Roberton down back due to injuries, Steven having his mental health issues, Hannerbery out due to injury (or coke) and Paddy and Max King injured too.

Somewhat lucky to be 3-1 but played some good footy and hopefully can build on it.

The spoon conversation was last week while you were 2-1 and Carlton were 0-3. Not at the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back