The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Scott records.

- Longest serving coach at one club without winning or making a GF.
- Longest serving coach at one club without finishing inside the top 4 at the end of the H&A

No wonder Quivorir (and most others) want him sacked. Abysmal list building

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
The question is...did they pay holding the ball? :think:

CyqqBtU.jpg

******* Port. Didn’t a Cornes brother once stick his finger up the other brothers arse during a goal celebration?

I suppose... #culture

Im not surprised, GC beat us in Melbourne. We are getting shitter after every season since the flag. Beverage needs to be under more pressure for his job.
You simply can’t kick goals, I mean you didn’t score heaps in 2016 but defended extremely well.

Now one has tapered off and the other hasn’t improved. Gordon needs to be the one to ask hard questions of imo. 1m for Boyd who is a complete non factor in the last 12-24 months. Had to spend draft capital to get Schache as a replacement/contingency. Had to swing Naughton forward. I mean seriously, Boyd is the elephant in the room imo.

Can’t take the GF heroics away from him but can’t deny that deal isn’t leaving you hamstrung atm.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
You simply can’t kick goals, I mean you didn’t score heaps in 2016 but defended extremely well.

Now one has tapered off and the other hasn’t improved. Gordon needs to be the one to ask hard questions of imo. 1m for Boyd who is a complete non factor in the last 12-24 months. Had to spend draft capital to get Schache as a replacement/contingency. Had to swing Naughton forward. I mean seriously, Boyd is the elephant in the room imo.

Can’t take the GF heroics away from him but can’t deny that deal isn’t leaving you hamstrung atm.
As much Boyd sucks now i wouldnt change that deal in a million years. We dont win that prelim let alone the GF without him and happy to wear whatever cones after it with him. Shaq didnt cost much so hes worth a gamble.

Gordon is doing an amazing job off the field and i dont have a club without him. Hes fine.

Beverage and our inability to kick the ball are our biggest issues atm. We have far to many tryers who cant hurt teams with an inability to score or hit targets. Plusweare to easy to score against and we give up more over the top goals then any other team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much Boyd sucks now i wouldnt change that deal in a million years. We dont win that prelim let alone the GF without him and happy to wear whatever cones after it with him. Shaq didnt cost much so hes worth a gamble.

Gordon is doing an amazing job off the field and i dont have a club without him. Hes fine.

Beverage and our inability to kick the ball are our biggest issues atm. We have far to many tryers who cant hurt teams with an inability to score or hit targets. Plusweare to easy to score against and we give up more over the top goals then any other team.
Fully understand nearly everyone would still do that trade. If an average player was guaranteed to get you a premiership on a high salary 18 clubs would pull that trigger.
He repaid the deal in one September.

But footy moves on and now that deal does affect the salary cap, how much you can spend on other players or use to lure others.

If you can’t defend as you say you need to score. Schache/Boyd/Naughton are far from finished products. Clear lack of small forwards too.

Reckon you need a Higgins (lol) or Pendlebury type also. Penetrating kicks with composure and accuracy

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Fully understand nearly everyone would still do that trade. If an average player was guaranteed to get you a premiership on a high salary 18 clubs would pull that trigger.
He repaid the deal in one September.

But footy moves on and now that deal does affect the salary cap, how much you can spend on other players or use to lure others.

If you can’t defend as you say you need to score. Schache/Boyd/Naughton are far from finished products. Clear lack of small forwards too.

Reckon you need a Higgins (lol) or Pendlebury type also. Penetrating kicks with composure and accuracy

Yeah we have to wear that deal now but its worth it imo.

No doubt we have a heap of holes on our list. As you say we do lack small forwards, guys with foot speed and guys who can hurt teams with there feet. Its going to be a long season once again.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
That first half from Cripps and SPS is as good a Batman-Robin midfield combo as I can think of. 51 possessions and who knows how many clearances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back