Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I think it’s less of a conspiracy of “I like this team, so I am going to screw with the other team” and more about umpires having biases. Nathan Williamson has umpired 4 straight Carlton games and he has paid some shocking decision against us in all of them. No one should umpire the same team 4 games in a row, especially if he looks biased in the first 2 games. It’s kind of silly.

I think it’s less of a conspiracy of “I like this team, so I am going to screw with the other team” and more about umpires having biases. Nathan Williamson has umpired 4 straight Carlton games and he has paid some shocking decision against us in all of them. No one should umpire the same team 4 games in a row, especially if he looks biased in the first 2 games. It’s kind of silly.

We have had Margetts in most of our games so far. It is almost like they are scared to give him Eagles games because they know what kind of *ery will go on.

Unfortunately there are heaps of those flogs over here as well.
My condolences. At least Dads army are bottom 4 now
Jacob Mollison. Boy does that flog have it in for us. Remember losing at home to North in 2015. Think he gave them 21 of 28 frees that day.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
We have had Margetts in most of our games so far. It is almost like they are scared to give him Eagles games because they know what kind of f***ery will go on.

*ery, lol.

Last year, Carlton couldn’t escape Eleni Glouftsis. This year, she seems to be allergic to us.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
My condolences. At least Dads army are bottom 4 now

Jacob Mollison. Boy does that flog have it in for us. Remember losing at home to North in 2015. Think he gave them 21 of 28 frees that day.

You know, there are certain games you just remember and that is one of them. Shocking stuff.

Chris Scott coached that game very very well, sh*t way to lose but the cats were too good across the field.

St Kildaare still a few years away form a real challenge imo, but should still make finals.
Quite true. Promising future with Battle, King, Marshall, Gresham. Need an out an out superstar mid imo

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
My tin foil hat? All I've suggested is that you get an unreasonable ride from the umps, I'm not suggesting there's any sort of conspiracy. Try having a rational conversation for once.
People suggest it is every game and has been on going for 20 years or whatever.

Evreyone thinks it's some kind of conspiracy and I find it all hilarious.

People suggest it is every game and has been on going for 20 years or whatever.

Evreyone thinks it's some kind of conspiracy and I find it all hilarious.

Well the table just got produced to show it's at least a 10 year phenom. So.. yeah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite true. Promising future with Battle, King, Marshall, Gresham. Need an out an out superstar mid imo
Agreed, Steele and Gresham could get there but do need a Danger, Dusty, Fyfe or Bont tybe

Hill will run all day and link up and Billings is getting better but the midfield lacks the superstar.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Home - 77-75
Away - 54-64
Total - 131 - 139
Our FK% sits at 94.24% and means 11 other AFL teams have a higher % of FKs this season.

Home - 185-191
Away - 228-226
Total - 455-450
Our FK% sits at 101.11% and means 7 other AFL teams have a higher % of FKs that season.

Home - 276-194
Away - 225-223
Total - 560-478
Our FK% sits at 117.15% and means 2 other AFL teams (North and Collingwood) have a higher % of FKs that season.

Home - 249-202
Away - 195-216
Total - 457-435
Our FK% sits at 105.06% and means 5 other AFL teams have a higher % of FKs that season.

So yeah... indeed.

And every single on of them was there. He even missed a few.

Jul 13, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
i would say eleni needs to go back to the sanfl ressies but she showed previously she wasnt at that level either.

She's been pretty awful the last couple of weeks, especially last night. The standard of AFL umpiring is at an all-time low I reckon. Constant rule changes don't help, but there's so many times where you scratch your head after the whistle is blown.

Goshaa

🏆🏆
Jul 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Home - 77-75
Away - 54-64
Total - 131 - 139
Our FK% sits at 94.24% and means 11 other AFL teams have a higher % of FKs this season.

Home - 185-191
Away - 228-226
Total - 455-450
Our FK% sits at 101.11% and means 7 other AFL teams have a higher % of FKs that season.

Home - 276-194
Away - 225-223
Total - 560-478
Our FK% sits at 117.15% and means 2 other AFL teams (North and Collingwood) have a higher % of FKs that season.

Home - 249-202
Away - 195-216
Total - 457-435
Our FK% sits at 105.06% and means 5 other AFL teams have a higher % of FKs that season.

So yeah... indeed.
5709AD0F-6B12-4CE5-AE68-98072E252DAC.jpeg

Just embrace it.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Looks like everyone has different stats though doesn't it.
Some have real stats, then you have other stats. Just accept it Jod, WCE have more free kicks than the rest of the league over the last decade.. Even when bottom of the ladder.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
We simply can’t have a well umpired game of football anymore. The Carlton/West Coast game was the worst umpired game I have watched all year. What was paid to West Coast (those clips that were posted and more) wasn’t paid to Carlton when similar occurred. And you know, it’s sad I am saying that because why should s**t decisions be awarded to Carlton just because they were to West Coast? They shouldn’t be awarded to either team. And in the end, the league and umpires get away with it becuase the free kick count was evened up in the end, as it always seems to be if you notice. 14 to 12 in West Coast’s favour.

It’s sad when instead of having an umpire do a better job, they get pissy when a player argues a s**t decision and they will then award a 50 meter penalty. And it doesn’t even stay on the field. Last year an umpire stopped what he was doing and pointed out a fan in the crowd for saying “you can’t handball with one hand you bald headed flog”. More bothered by being called a “bald headed flog” than being called out and thinking “no, I suppose you can’t handball with one hand”.

You know it’s bad when the 7AFL twitter page (official broadcast partner of the AFL) is posting clips of s**t decisions with shocked emojis. They’ve been doing it for as long as I can remember.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back